1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r Doesn’t Have A 'r' In Dash

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Marcel999S, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Hi guys (and girls),

Last week I bought a 2004 999R, originally from the UK, 9400 miles but dirty as hell:tired_face:

It has the Termignoni asymmetric exhaust fitted and a (I guess performance ECU) because the original ECU came with the original exhaust in a box with the bike.

When I bought the bike I noticed there wasn't a 'R' in the left below corner of the dash when putting ignition on.
    My 999S and 749R do have a small 'S' or 'R' in the corner of the dashboard.

Does the dashboard startup tekst come from the ECU? (I guess so but don't want to miss things).
    And could the missing 'R' be due to the fact there might not be a ECU put in the bike that is meant to be for an 999R?

Below a picture of the bike, I already removed rim-striping and the red caliper paint. Also going to put back original parts and do a massive cleanup/detailing/maintanance service.

fullsizeoutput_11e0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_11df.jpeg fullsizeoutput_11e1.jpeg D9C6C7F1-4463-447F-9858-B81C605725D2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Could be just a setting issue.
    From memory, hold both dash buttons down whilst turning ignition on. This will put dash in setting mode. You can the scroll through bike type/country options.
    You will even see that the dash was at one time considered for the ST.

#2 chrisw, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That could be, because they also put it from miles to kilometers..I will check asap.

Thanks for your input!

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  4. Yeah as chrisw said, this can be changed via the dash!

5. That was the solution guys, I've found my R back in the corner..

My girlfriend wondered why I took so much trouble just to get a "tiny" r in the corner...: unamused:: unamused:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information