1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r Incoming!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by JoeC, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Pretend 999R :thinkingface:

2. It’s still a nice looking bike no matter what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nobody has mentioned it has no lights on it either, so surely couldn't be used on the road?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Joe would you not buy it if it was priced ok? Looks ace could be a fun bike

I would say they owe you a very good deal mate.

#64 Dirty Leeds, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It’s a race bike, hence being advertised as “piste”.

6. Oh yes, silly me.

7. The grey looks really good with the red frame, I would be tempted to copy the scheme but I have matte grey and black fairings coming for my fireblade.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ive always liked the Duc's in Silver/ Grey, That bike really does look the part, Very nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'd always thought the 848 Evo this colour scheme is copied from was one of the worst i had ever seen on a Ducati, and this doesn't change my opinion one bit.

Shows you how different we all are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looks awful on the evo, yet the tricolore looks amazing on the 1199 but awful on the 999/749

11. It is priced fairly, but as I said earlier I already have one of each (amongst others). I’m only really keen now on buying the homologation specials. They are a good dealer and don’t owe me anything, just a new salesman keen to make a sale and I should have done my homework before biting!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The advert doesn't seem fare stating such low mileage when it's made from several different bikes :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maybe they are quoting the average figure?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. :eyes:

15. Technically you don't need lights for road use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If you’ve got one of each already, why buy more of them? To what end? It’s just more stuff, more clutter. Why not buy something else for a different experience? On the other hand, if you like them, what’s wrong with a low-value partscaster for solely track use - assuming that you ride on track?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I do ride on track (clue’s in the profile pic) but I have four other bikes with which to do that. It’s not really just more stuff, I’m genuinely passionate about preserving them and spend little money on anything else other than my business, properties, kids and girlfriend. I hardly even go skiing any more due to time constraints.
    I’m long over the flashy cars, fine wine, expensive clothes and gadgets and what’s the point in having a slightly bigger bank balance? These are harder for the ex-wife to get her hands on!
    It genuinely pleases me to take a look at them as objets d’art and nip out and run a cloth over them during our cold winters.
    Plus, I used to do a lot of cocaine, so in the long run I’m saving money I reckon!

• Like Like x 4
  18. That’s not like you exxy baby, I like your directness

19. He can be a little sustentive at times, I adapt to suit :innocent:

20. Like a guardian angel ahhh

I have warm fuzzy feeling inside now. I am going to have a good day☺️

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information