1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r On The Way!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by JoeC, Jul 12, 2017.

1. I want a barn :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. And ready for the long drive south! IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0041.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just fitted the race can. Easy job to get it all apart, but what a bitch to get the heat-shield back in place whilst trying to locate the underside bolts! IMG_0085.JPG

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Have you got a lift in your barn? that's the roof

5. They're hard to get in but the theory being that they're harder to get out!

• Like Like x 1
  6. So I arrived home today to an email from the supplying agent to advise that they have located the original race exhaust that the bike was supplied with and would I like them to send it to me?????? What a question! I offered to pay cost and or postage and they've responded to ask only what address to send it to (I have one Swiss and one French) and it won't be necessary to pay anything at all as it should have been kept with the bike and handed over at the time of purchase!
    As the bike was originally owned by Jorge Lorenzo and came to me with both the street and the ti race can I'm obviously very keen to see what the postman brings.
    Big thanks to Claus Carstens at Ducati Schleswig-Holstein for service beyond and not just simply firing it on the internet!

• Like Like x 8
  7. That's the sort of service we can only dream of in England! Nice one!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Does it have regular hissy fits and get upset when it rains?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Owned by Jorge, that is kinda cool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Agree, it's never the service you would get from a private or trade purchase in the UK.....

11. How comes it has mk1 bits (silver frame and the front vents) yet the later swingarm? Did all 999R's ship like that?

12. I think the box rear arm was offered as an upgrade

13. I have no idea. It was registered in June 2006. I guess it's the usual mix of whatever Ducati had to hand at the time of build!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i have dealt with Claus before, and he is well recommended..
    i still have a RHD headlight (dipped) for a 999 in my garage somewhere if you need one..

15. @quantuman you get out on your 999r much mate??

16. @cookster not since last years summer....lol....

• Like Like x 1
  17. My 749s Nero is a Claus Carstens bike too..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information