1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999rs Replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by 2moto, Sep 10, 2017.

1. A bit more progress over the overly long winter months. All painted up with a few things left to do.
    20180331_143344.jpg
    And the new front end fitted:
    20180406_214309.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wow!!! Is that an fgr300?

The service interval on those is about 20hrs isn't it?

3. Well, the bike doesn't see many hours on the road.

4. You obviously know way more than I, but could you run those forks for longer than the rebuild duty cycle time?

Are they so sensitive that its essential or can they be used for longer?

5. Looks like Showa tops top me.
    Fake lowers?

6. is that a std rear tie rod and therefor rear rocker..........not even 749R?

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 22.29.24.png

7. Well spotted. Yes, plain Showa converted. Fully functional, though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Standard rear tie rod shortened to work with RS rocker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tell us more please :)
    Did they fit into the yokes without modification? Are they the showa sbk forks like on the zx10r?

10. Don't ask anymore questions..He's already misled you..

Base 749 Showa's

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Surely the bottoms cost more than the forks they’re fitted on?

If you could fit those bottoms off the zx10r sbk forks into stock stanchions that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not when you machine them yourself.

13. Hate to disappoint you but nothing misleading going here. The only things left from the base showa are the inner and outer tubes and the top adjusters.

14. The Ohlins sticker says different.

15. I love it excellent wouldnt thought of that, love those bottoms, excellent.
    can you give me a program for the 5 axis workstation Fanuc control
    I couldnt get the ones I made with a hacksaw and file to look right
    admire your spirit

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Welcome back dude, you been on holiday :)

17. A few things to say. First. BIG hello airduck, missed you and time to catch up.
    Second. To 2moto. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Looks like my intake setup I did for my bike 4 years ago. Third. A mildly worked 1098 won’t put out the hp you have. Period. 1198 maybe. You need to check it on a dyno that has have a few 1098 runs and compare. Never mind you don’t have a before for that engine. You are comparing like for like. To do 190mph I can assume you run it to 10500 redline and if you do final gearing will be 15/34. Correct? Fourth. Love the fork lowers, they are superb. Doesn’t matter that they are on a base fork. Priced correctly you could sell a few.

• Like Like x 1
  18. He did say replica. To me that means copy of the real thing. How is that misleading? He has done a superb job, it sounds like you want to pull him down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah, grumpy. Looks cool to me :):upyeah: Must say though, I'd have gone the extra yard and dropped a 1098R lump in there. If you could find one that is...

20. Not at all.

If you took time to read his content and reply about the forks being Ohlins FGR, he doesnt really set the poster about them straight. Thats where I saw deception.

I wasnt questioning the whole bike being a replica, although it is more a homage in my eyes.

I appreciate the work that has been done, just seems a shame to try and pull the wool to what he has done.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information