1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999rs Replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by 2moto, Sep 10, 2017.

1. 2moto. All I want is straight answers to the questions I ask. Nothing more, nothing less. Am I asking to much?

2. Am I allowed to swear on this forum?

3. No.

Politeness, and truly endless patience, costs nothing.

4. It's his bed time soon anyhoo - hope he don't go sleeps angry :eek:

5. Who? Angry? He's always angry.

6. Fucking loon :joy:

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  7. No, Chizzers fellow countryman :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. Post from bad bad man reported.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. Where, I missed it, what's he said now :bucktooth:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. I’m an Aussie. I should be allowed to swear:). It’s part of our culture. Even the guys at MS let us have free rein. I even got them to make a sticky on our use and abuse of the Queens English. :)
    Bedtime? Nah. I need to stay up late so I can come on here and make a dick of myself in real time:):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I'm utterly bemused by all the ill feeling towards this bloke and his bike.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. The bloke doesn’t seem to want to give answers. The bike is wonderful.

13. [​IMG]
    this.
    Sorry but I'm wholly with @xracer on this.
    The thread was posted to show a bike, and to farm due adulation and compliments therof.

When people started asking questions, and we're all enthusiasts, and we all love what was done and wanted to know more, suddenly the answers were a bit cagey and sometimes misleading, until a reluctant response came out.

We're not a rival company here to steal his shit and dry bum him on the track. We want to know because it's interesting and at times its clever. Unless someone has access to a machining facility you're hardly likely to see those fork bottoms knocked up and flogged making the bloke a multi millionaire.

You've built a tribute bike, its nice, and you clearly know some shit, and have access to lots of nice things that allow you to knock this stuff up and do what you're doing. Exige thinks you're a good bloke and you've even drunk his shit coffee, so alls fair. - thing is he's not coming across that way - he's sort of coming across like ziggy's coffee.

Xracer just asked questions he probably knows the answer to already to see how different your knowlege is to his, had you offered another friendlier face, maybe the sharing of information would have enriched us all.

As it is getting anything out of you other than patting you on the back and telling how great your bike is seems to be like pulling teeth.

I'll paraphrase:

2m : "Ive built me a 999RS beastymonster thing. Its got shizzle and fizzle and everything"

forum dude : "no it hasn't."
    2m: "yes it has"
    fd: "no it hasn't - I know my shit and no it hasn't."
    2m: "I never said it had.."
    fd: " sure you did, you just said so.."
    2m: " how do you know anyway"
    fd: "cos I've done the shit myself.."
    basically he got served.

ps.. exiges shit coffee is based on reports from others in the many coffee threads.

• Like Like x 2
  14. My coffee is aMazing btw :heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. @Sev, feeling better now? I'm certainly not here for your adulation nor anyone else's. I'm also not obliged to answer any disingenuous questions from you and the likes of xracer. Clearly, you don't like it when your questions aren't answered to the last minutia of detail. I couldn't care less. I've answered plenty of questions in this thread, in fact most of the ones that were asked in the spirit of the thread.
    I posted this here as long standing Ducati owner and because I thought it might of interest to some. Clearly, Ducati ownership isn't what it used to be.
    @Loz can you please either delete or lock this tread. No further posts from me either way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Funny as Loz isnt a mod....

No need to flounce matey, most of us like it :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yup - this is where I was coming from. A new member arrives and gets fucking battered and buggers off.
    Too many seagulls on this forum that love to fly in, squawk, shit on someone and the bugger off!

Well done! Another nail goes in.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. I would agree with that, I'd been following this thread as a fellow 999 owner and was interested to watch the build develop. I didn't care about the minutiae of detail, I was more interested to see the level of commitment and enthusiasm involved with a view to possibly emulating it with one of my bikes.
    Now I'm bored of it as there is more sniping and childishness than on one of my building sites. Good work fellas!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. He is an Admonishstrator which is higher than an Administrator (that's a secretary) :yum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. And what aboot my fab coffee, no a fekking mention :mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information