1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999s V Rsv4 Factory

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Are you sure it does not have traction control? I thought all factory models have TC. I might be wrong.
    Nice bike BTW :upyeah:

2. Is that the one that was for sale on trackdayriders.co.uk?

I had a go on an RSV4 Factory a few weeks back - I agree with what has been said above however, compared to my 1098R, or even my 749R or 916SPS, it was a bit dull to ride. No big excitement or surging torque...it just went fast with no drama or thrilling feelings.
    The handling was spot on, brakes a bit crap but that could have been pads. It had an AR Racing system which was anti socially loud. Seat height deffo taller than my other bikes.

Currently umming and aaahing about whether to get one.

3. I got chatting to him last Saturday at Donington , I was dropping my bike to go to Almeria , and he was collecting his.He was telling me that he enjoyed the bike so much at Jerez , he wasn't sure he wanted to sell it , but I think he had decided to have a new RSV4 RF. From what he was saying , I think he had been meticulous in looking after the bike. Are you planning to use it as a track bike or put it back to road trim.

4. Yes he is getting the new RSV4 RF.
    I'm keeping it as a track bike, I took my first V4s on track but have always wanted a V4 track bike and when I saw it that was that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Deffo doesn't have Traction control, that came with the later APRC models, all it has is the 3 power modes as described in OP...I've no doubt Traction control is a worthy benefit ,but I like my bikes as uncomplicated as possible and anyway it would give me a false sense of security and I might end up on my arse!!....:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice hand you've got there :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 881CE8C2-D664-41CE-A86D-31FBA8FCB9AF.jpeg
    SPS was not a real one (996 with SPS heads etc) and was sold in September....hence the gap in the garage begging to be filled!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Good thinking :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. God that was a pretty bike...why did I sell it??

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Is this a quiz?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well after getting the Aprilia I need to sell one of the other bikes, to create some room and ease the financial burden. The 999 may be getting sold.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Do please let me know if/when you intend to :)

13. I will let you know

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I did just that....but believe me if I could have justified it financially I would have kept the 999 and got the rsv4 as well,at some time in the future I will be getting another( if I can afford one!)...

15. I heard one of them fell off the back of a lorry on the way to spain

16. Yes I heard the same thing . apparently a scabby old BMW S1000 RR broke its fall.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. With the Aprilia I now have 4 bikes , I don't need 4 and I've always wanted another RSV4 so One of the others has to go, like you I will own another one at some point.

18. New bike time or another?

19. There are currently 3 in my garage (Rsv4,triumph st1050,old gixxer750), space is always a limiting factor as well as my other half nagging ''what you got 3 bikes for,you cant ride more than one at once''....bla bla, I always return with how many handbags/pairs of shoes have you got etc...thing is bikes are unfortunately more expensive than female accessories.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WTF!? (dropping bikes)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information