1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999s V Rsv4 Factory

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Nov 3, 2017.

1. I think he's joking. RSV4 falls off the back of a lorry. He now has new one.
    I hope!

2. Its just @shakeys dad trying to wind me up before our upcoming trip to Almeria.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah OK... thanks, doh!

4. Are we going to get to the hotel before the bar shuts

5. I think its unlikely, we might just get there in time for a pint. It wont be a bad thing , at least we shall have 1 day out of 5 , on the track without a hangover.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A well thought bike purchase has much better residuals than shoes. And don't even start me on what they pay on hairdressers and makeup/creams!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine just went through the not today... straight through, no problems....into the 6th year of ownership now on mine....

IMG_20160205_115422.jpg
    Currently have 4 squeezed into the garage with other constantly pressing me to get rid of one but I'm still holding out.... :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. To the op....I recommend fitting the factory qs and then get it updated on pads (you'll need to buy some rear sets to accommodate the qs unit though)...someone mentioned about the traction control....this is the pre APRC version (same as mine) which only has the three maps.

Alternatively. If you register on the af1 forum contact a lad called "tomik" he can reflash your ecu with a custom map (he had the identical bike and tracked it for a while) and in turn keeps various custom maps using his as a reference. Mine had the 3 maps removed and in turn I have 3 corse maps and the 3 different modes have been replaced with 3 different degrees of engine braking. He also does some other tweaks also. Even now, after 6 years mine still impresses me.

#48 comfysofa, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. At the risk of being flamed I have to say I ain't a fan of the RSV, its fugly and looks like a failed Kawasaki design exercise to me (Is that why its called a Factory?), but then I also hate the D16. On looks the 999 is an easy winner, not so sure its a better bike however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. @comfysofa.. Yep..thats the same bike as mine, yours looks the dogs bollox BTW.:upyeah:

11. Cheers. Might sound a bit weird but its had loads done to it...I've just tried to keep the look as standard as possible...less is more as it were...

12. Well done to say what we're all thinking!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looks really are subjective. I love the look of the rsv4. I'd say bar the panigale which I like just as much I wouldnt want to own anything else....in fact my rsv4 has been so good if I had the chance of another sports bike I'd just get a newer one...

• Like Like x 1
  14. 999 better looking than an RSV4? Should have gone to Specsavers! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. No don't count me in, I like the RSV4 too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I'm sober now, any opinions after 4:30pm yesterday should be disregarded.

Apologies to all for any offense.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Any of you RSV4 owners over 6 feet tall? I've always liked them and I'm considering one as my next bike but was wondering it they are to small for people over 6 foot? I'm 6 feet 2.

I'd obviously test ride one but I'm recovering from back surgery right now which is why I ask the question.

18. I have owned 2 and I'm 6ft1, even been all the way to the algarve on one with no problems.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. 5'10 ish so I cant say....very strange but, a few years back I got saddled with an r6 (long story) - and if you looked at the 2 bikes they looked nigh on the same, but, I could literally stay on the 6 for about 25 mins max and it did my back and wrists in, the RSV4 I take to the TT every year (for the last 6) and do about 1000 miles in 4 or 5 days...weird...

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information