1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 A Bit Of A Build Up.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by able duc, May 4, 2019.

1. More kayak/white water canoe thingies... pdf kit? :p

2. I fitted up the DP rear sets properly last night had a friend make some spacers and mod some pegs I had laying around to fit them, I purchased them cheap and missing those bits. Made a bracket to mount the reservoir in a different spot and clear tubing.
    Also pulled the mufflers off again they just weren't sitting right have been a bit fiddly because I'm using the 1299 headers with 1199 Termi's and had to mod the y piece by grinding off the tabs and lip. It's a budget build so extra work required :)
    IMG_6845.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. The covers (clutch, sump and valve covers excluding Ti fasteners) from memory was about 800grams, stator/flywheel was 1kg and 1kg from the abs pump, lines, brackets bolts and extra fluid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Able Duc. Nice work on your project 899. What manufacture made your tank extender? Exactly what I want to add to my 899.

5. Thanks, it just sort of mimics the shape of the 1098 tank, I had this on my 1199 which worked well for me.
    Racers edge in Australia
    racersedge.com.au
    wheel2.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. You had a 1098 tank on an 1199?

7. No, the tank extension mimics the 1098 tank. I had this tank extension on my 1199 (see image) just like this one on 899 :)

#28 able duc, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kage
    Did you weigh the difference between SSSA and 899 swingarm when you did the conversion? I've always wanted to know the weight difference.

#29 able duc, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  9. So close but yet so far, rapidbike shift assist posted today and also clutch plates.

IMG_6880.jpg

Almost idiot proof messages :astonished:

IMG_6881.jpg
    IMG_6882.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. good looking build :) i also use sticky tape and notes, as it prevents embarrassing moments later on...

11. Thanks, it's a budget job so won't win any awards! I'm a bit of a dill so reminders are essential I do shopping lists but leave them at home or in the car.

• Like Like x 1
  12. all part of the busy/ hectic lives we live,
    i also use a wipe clean board to note settings etc, as it saves time later going back and forwards to the PC to check on data.
    i guess we all have our little ´mechanisms ` :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just finished 4 days on mine in Jerez...Jolly fine fun there are too! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not much to see here but rapidbike evo and rapidbike shift assist fitted up, only macs in this house so have to wait till my son comes up and use his PC to run the rapid master software to program it. Still waiting on my clutch plates to come, button it up and put some oil in it to see if all is well :cold_sweat: IMG_6894.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Set up the shift assist (now have a dedicated PC) tidied up some of the wiring and added a few more Ti bolts, too cheap for AIS block off plates so chair tips had to do. IMG_6958.jpg IMG_6953.jpg IMG_6965.jpg

#36 able duc, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_6977.jpg I've never had a problem with headers melting Pani fairings before but I put a bit of heat shield behind this time.
    IMG_6975.jpg

#37 able duc, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  17. Started it up to get a bit of oil through and see how it runs, was a bit rough and idle was all over the place so with advice from rapidbike I put all the values up to 4000 rpm to 0 ran it again and fiddled with all the connections, then reloaded the saved numbers they had preloaded onto the module and ran it again and it might be ok now. I'll put all bits except the fairings on and give it a run then oil and filter again and hoping it will settle down even more. IMG_6995.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I had trouble with it all day not running right until I removed the rapidbike from the equation and then realised I had mixed up the 02 sensors, I've had this harness and module on 3 other bikes so should know better. Oh well obviously I need the practice :(
    Running nice now so I'll concentrate on fine tuning the shift assist (blipper) tomorrow and then finally stick on the fairings and get the suspension in a neutral setting for it's 1st track day next weekend. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pretty close now just the usual bit's and pieces to get it ready including it's 899 stickers, you know what I mean always something forgotten. Happy now that it's mostly done.

Thankyou to everyone for the support and comments. IMG_7026.jpg IMG_7038.jpg IMG_7042.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information