1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 A Bit Of A Build Up.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by able duc, May 4, 2019.

1. Very nice.
    Looking forward to the track report...:upyeah:

#41 Nelson, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  2. Thankyou. Can't wait for the track ride day to see how it goes, no really trick bits or huge power just a bit of weight reduction and proven stock Ducati stuff helped with a bit of electronics to smooth out the old V2.
    I really like the 899 package which is what you know all about!

3. I do enjoy a good build thread which ends in tracktime.
    When is the track day?

4. Next Sunday Eastern Creek in Sydney

I know you enjoy a bit of track time :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Done .........

Just need a light rear wheel.
    IMG_7056.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Great build and thread!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. track-30-june2.jpg It all ran well on it's first day out I liked the rapidbike shift assist and felt like the evo module gradually sorted the fueling, I'm glad I deleted the abs and added the 330 rotors and M4 calipers now it felt simple and effective. Now it's time to pick up the pace if I have it in me because that's what this build was all about.

• Like Like x 4
  8. i found that by adding the RB adaptive corrections after every 2 sessions it quickly started to improve the fuelling.
    but make a back up each time on the PC so you can walk it back if something goes amiss

9. Oh OK thanks for that info, I'll do that in a couple of weeks when next there.

10. When you going to PI?

11. Looks gorgeous, miss my sports bike, I saw a pannigale up for sale the other week, but private sale and I didnt have the readies as i need to PX mine, said it was an 898 is that right ? upload_2019-7-2_9-1-15.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Feb usually after the WSBK weekend are you ?

13. Yes that looks like an 899 with Tricolore paint scheme. Nice.

14. I wish!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I pulled the forks out again had a leaking seal, local guy will sort it for me and racetech springs for my increasing girth :) I must be content.
    It did feel ok with the stock springs but it is a second hand bike so I'm not sure if they were stock anyway. Oh that money pit!

16. ooops couple of bits needed! IMG_7218.jpg IMG_7217.jpg

17. #57 XH558, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Bugger!
    As long as you're ok?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Yeah thanks soft tissue damage (my mate said you damaged your penis?)
    so just the usual forearm and ribs :)
    Cold tyres and changing up to 3rd while cranked over, just banged up the quick shifter without really thinking about it, thought about it a lot while I waited for the track pickup van!

20. The ride of shame...:eek:
    Least you're ok. Back to the lab...:upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information