1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of KH green on this red forum

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Chain now fitted and rear brake cable, so rear end complete :upyeah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. its gonna be a real shame to get this one dirty.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Unreal. It looks brand spanking new. Phenomenal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. All the boxes of bits are getting less now which is a good feeling as it come's together, the next job is a bling one, of which I'm looking forward to seeing the pipes done they have been the biggest amount of hassle but look good if i do say :)

#184 Roadtrip, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I've been keeping an eye on this as some of you know I restored a 750 trp a few years back,
    this is going to be one of the best restorations of any bike I have ever seen and second it's my second favorite series apart from my 749 of course, keep it up fella, you attention to detail is absolutely unbeatable and that's a difficult personal attribute to keep from start to Finish of any project :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. A couple of more photos, I've been adjusting the choke plungers tonight, Still using the original footrest rubbers :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. You're making a spectacularly good job of it. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. :worried:
    road trip, look at the pipe coming from the emoji chin to the carb....I hope that's not rust on the old girl, cone on now, don't let her down now!:worried:

10. stillrhe best resto I'm seeing at the moment !

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy it must be the flash on the camera :D

The last part i want to put on will be the petrol tank then its complete, don't know what i will do when its finished.

12. Whatever you do, don't ride it in the rain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The only wet this will see is when i total up all the recipts :Nailbiting::Bawling:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1

14. I find it easier to keep restoration costs on a spreadsheet, that way you just total up the column without the trauma of seeing 'that' figure on the calculator while still only half way through...

I spent around the cost of a fairly decent fireblade restoring my CBR, but don't regret the expenditure one bit - it's about the journey as much as the destination.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trust me if she gets wind of the cost i will be nut less in 30 seconds,

I should be able to get it to the nearest £20, i write every item price down, makes good bedtime reading :Bookworm:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Finally fitted :Cigar:
    Could have done with two pairs of hands to fit them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#196 Roadtrip, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Blooming beautiful, I like the way your only giving partial photos, lets have a pre-warning when you do the full reveal
    Do you think you'll do photo shoot for your album?
    And you must do a video of first start up!
    Respect to you @Roadtrip this one ges the juices flowing
    Keep up the good work

18. I just went back to the start of the thread to look at the first set of pics. Hard to believe it's the same bike. Unbelievably good job. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Less is more Andy :D i will post some full frontal photos soon,

Wally, i also go and look at the photo's from the start and think i must have been nut's to take it on but this model is a limited run of around 150 made so good to get one back on the road.

Next job is to fit the petrol cap and tap :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cap now fitted which is a bit eye watering if you slip whilst knocking the pin in with the centre punch and tack hammer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information