1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of KH green on this red forum

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Feb 27, 2014.

1. 959?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Great resto!

Brings back memories......I had an S1C as my first 250.......did over 20k on it - great fun.......if a little thirsty!

3. KH 250 I had a blue one purchased in March 1978, rode it everywhere 25000 miles and was still going well, used it to pass my test and sold it to a mate who still has it 38 years on, he's done a fair bit to it over the years though.
    Spotted one in a village in Norfolk over weekend, looked badly set up though way to much oil in fuel.

4. Sounds like you both had fun doing plenty of miles on your kh's and to own a bike 38 years is great to hear,

Ive balanced the carbs tonight (did the lolly stick method) so its ready to start :Nailbiting::Nailbiting::Nailbiting: once i get a new battery and put some two stroke oil in, a mate should be coming over at the weekend and we will give it a check over :Bookworm: before i kick it over, nearly forgot i will get a set of spare spark plugs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just an up date as to how its getting on,
    Couldn't get it started as had power to one coil and not the over two and a wiring problem which had the brake light coming on when this ignition is turned to park and no rear light etc,

This is when bike forums are great for sorting out problems i had great help from the KH forum, it turned out to be the earth wire to the rear lamp had corrosion in between the tang on the lamp holder and the spade on the earth wire which are riveted together, so drilled out rivet and used a nut and bolt, job done. that one problem made it look like i had four other wiring problems but no just the one :)

Just got a new fuel tap on order then should be good to try again :Nailbiting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'm really quite excited for you. I'd love to be there the first time you kick it over and it catches because that has to be a huge buzz for you and it would be nice to witness that. Excellent thread mate. Truly excellent. :upyeah: It would be good if you posted a video when it's running.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. I don't know how to do video's, but a couple of finished photos need to take some better ones in the garden but bit of rain in the air :Shamefullyembarrased:
    New petrol tap fitted and passed it's MOT this afternoon. First time I've seen it with the side panels on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :Smuggrin:
    Will be going up for sale

• Like Like x 9
  8. superb bit of work. :upyeah:.
    right. whats next?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Noooo, don't sell it.

How many wotsits? :Angelic:

10. Yeh, c'mon, bored now :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Would like to do an original Honda monkey bike and Mrs Roadtrip said she will go pillion with me on one :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honda :Wideyed:

13. c.mon then. chop chop.

14. When its sold then the search will start would like one with an mot and no more rust :Happy:

15. when its sold? NOOooooo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Couldn't agree more :Bawling:
    Since i started this rebuild I've sold my Kr1-s and my 350lc/rgv brought two Ducati's and Mrs Raodtrip's just got a new ford Kuga so time to sale and start another project, i like doing projects but its just getting very expensive in the two stroke world,

17. cool cool. you should get a few bob for the kuga.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. cracking job, just sold a Kh 250 to help put funds towards the H2 in the build process, enjoy it..

19. A before and after.Must have been mad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. hmm.. cant decide which one looks best.
    :smileys:

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information