1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Recent Vehicle Details

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Hate working in a poorly lit garage. I thought 10 downlighters in my new man cave was going to be plenty. Seeing your ceiling I am beginning to wonder, if I ought to tell the builder to include more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. We've nearly 200 all temperature-controlled and we've still not enough really!..you can NEVER have enough light buddy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Why would he want to polish your mobile?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. nipped out for an hour today, perhaps I shouldn't have bothered...Lend us your bucket rob...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. What do they all do for jobs?....im intrigued now....just curious...im guessing financially based....theyre all lovely cars but...they really dont do anything for me....maybe the audi though...

6. Probably none of them on the PAYE system. Successful businesses and yeah, finance industry perhaps. Jammy bastards- wish I was clever.

7. l
    Let me quash your curiosity buddy...opticians, doctors, surgeons, property developers, hotel owners, restaurant owners, chemists, plant hire owners...these are professions which are predominant to the clients that visit us. ( not had a banker or anyone from the financial industry yet )

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow... Everything apart from... Funny... I almost went into property development 25 years ago with a plasterer but just at the the time got my first IT job.. Been skint for the last 25 years...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. Great to see you back, I wondered where you'd been.
    What a great bunch of vehicles...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Rob,
    My cars red and the bumpers are starting to look duller / a different shade to the bodywork, what would bring them back a bit?

Cheers

11. Hi Rob,
    Any tips on leather seats?
    I’ve just got a 40000 mile MX5 and the drivers seat has suffered from getting in and out.
    It’s black with red stitching.

12. Suffered?...please elaborate buddy....and add pics if you can....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. The leather is scuffed on the bolster, like shoes get if you don’t polish them, so needs bringing back to black but preferably without staining the red stitching too.
    Tricky...

#35 Old rider, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  14. Yep can be done no problem....will need to be refinished....call PVD ( professional valeters and detailers :01285 238617 )
    & ask them who is the nearest leather repair detailer to you.....

15. That sounds good. Thanks Rob.
    Can it be done in situ?
    Any idea of a ball park figure ??

#37 Old rider, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  16. Yep can be done at your home buddy....no idea about cost tho sorry.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Good to see you're still around Rob, hope you and the business is doing well

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Making use of the time of being at home I thought I'd polish the van. In certain lights the side panels were badly swirled.
    Attacked it with the random orbital polisher with a Rupes fine pad and stage 2 Autoglym paint correction, finished off with Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax
    Always think of @rob lewis when ever the Bilt Hamber comes out

IMG_5285.jpeg

IMG_5286.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information