1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Shots Of Our New Full R Spec 1098s

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Andy Jenkinson, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Already a stunning bike, I wanted to take the design a tad further. She has full Carbon fibre bodywork, 1098R hand made tank, R Brakes (amazing) R lights and now has the 4 slash rear system with the R Spec exhaust (larger bore). Ive also fitted the stunning led rear lamp cluster and will upload a video if I can.
    We've sold all the OEM bodywork apart from the 1098S tank and rear seat with detachable seat pad.

AJ

ducatimoneyshot4.jpg

Ducatimoneyshot1.jpg

Ducatimoneyshot2.jpg

4slash1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Is that the Toce system on it in the last picture?

3. It certainly is Pavey :)

Once complete I will post a video of her

4. I'm not convinced by Toce zorsts, and appreciate that mods are a quite a personal thing; but in what other ways is your 1098s a "full R Spec"? Are there other special bits that you've done?

5. I have only recently bought the bike from a Ducati saleschap who owned it virtually from new.

It has an handmade Alloy R tank (larger capacity and beautifully made), R brake levers/set up, all carbon R fairings, cowl, seat, headight unit (lighter), large bore R exhuast, R Stacks and so on. I think it is pretty much R spec however I am not an expert!

6. looks like an 1198s corse tank to me bud.

7. And a 1098R has a different frame and engine :)

8. I hope you did not pay a premium or R-money for it, as I am afraid it is not going to be an R unless the basic engine and drivetrain are from a standard 1098s. The 1098R was 1198cc, despite the name, but I'm sure you already know that. Only the seat unit was carbon on the 1098R. The 1098R tank was not ally. Not sure what are "R brake levers" as they were the same across all. Not wanting to douse your enthusiasm, but I just hope you were not sold something that isn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I think the OP's words are being taken a bit too literally. It's a very nice bike whatever. Probably should have called it an 'R Replica' rather than 'R spec' to keep all the nit pickers happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lovely looking bike. The lightweight engine internals are what really make an R. I can't overstate enough how much of a different it makes over the S and base model bikes and didn't appreciate the different until I got my 1199R. Even at high speeds the bike still handles and turns as easily as a normal model at 50mph.

11. Who ragged it, you or the previous owner ? Andy

12. As I say guys, I am not a Ducati expert and the various parts designated R spec are the exhaust, brakes (larger system/capacity/bore?) Carbon bodywork and the Tank came directly from Ducati as a designated R spec due to it being Alloy and larger capacity (17 litres I believe) however as I say, I am not the expert. I am very impressed with how it rides, performs and is so much more agile than my H2:)

#12 Andy Jenkinson, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  13. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Andy and I'm one of the resident anoraks. I'm afraid whoever has been providing you with your information has been bigging it up. The exhaust is a generic 70mm not for road use system designed for the 848 and 1098. Your headers will not fit the 1098R which has the same header fixing spacing as the 1198. Both the 1098s and 1098 R used 4 pot 2 pad Brembo monoblock front brakes with 330mm discs. The 1098R only had a carbon 1 piece under tray and a carbon mono seat and a carbon front mudguard, carbon infills under the tank, carbon air tube covers and carbon belt covers, everything else was composite. Many moons ago Ducati did supply a larger capacity alloy tank at great cost that fitted the 1098R amongst others but as has been said previously, the one pictured looks like it is off an 1198 Corse SE and should have a capacity of 18 litres. All that said doesn't detract from the fact you have a very nice bike that has had money spent on it which I hope you enjoy for many miles to come. Andy

#13 Android853sp, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. That's what I like about this forum, it has people who know! @Android853sp, if I were ever in the market for a "special" I'd ask for help first :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Time for a new anorak Andy. My 1098R doesn't. :confused:

**Edit, you mean belly pan ! I thought you meant the bit under the seat unit, which is plastic. :blush:

It does indeed have a 1 piece belly pan. I know as I bought a spare. :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. So from full R Spec to zero R Spec but still a cracking bike anyhoo! As long as you paid the right money it's a cracking choice :):upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Many thanks Andy.

Luckily I do have a mono full carbon seat and a full one piece carbon belly pan and front mudguard :)
    In truth I wasn't looking for an R I just wanted a good spec, low mileage, low ownership 1098S and this with its upgrades and host of spares fitted the bill perfectly so I am delighted.

Once again many thanks for clarifying the variances for me as I'm just a humble Noob :)

18. Already mention Rich. No point in showing off too much :cool:. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Looks like the tank could be off one of these rare beasties :)

Ducati%201198R%20Corse%20SE%2010%20%201.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information