1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 A Question Of Length!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Esbee, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Happy New Year all....

A question re mirrors on the 848. One of the stalks of the mirrors fitted is longer than the other. One is 5cm the other 2cm approx.

Can anyone confirm what the 848 mirror length should be? Is the shorter stalk a mirror off a 1098??

Found an American site listing extenders - part numbers 71314611A and 71314601A. Anyone have access to parts list to see if these are still available / genuine?

Many thanks for any info....

(It's not an Oberon extender fitted).

2. Regardless of 848/1098, they all came with short length mirrors (all one piece fitting) and originally you could buy an extension block that went in that raised them by around 1.5-2inches. Later on they started just shipping these with the bikes (as my 2013 came with them).

I've recently removed them because actually I don't think they are better longer, they vibrate even more and still can't see out of them! I use them without the extensions and just look under my arm, still useless.

3. Cheers for that.

4. Phil, if you are looking to get rid of your mirror extenders I'll happily take them off your hands. Let me know

5. My missus just said if there’s an extra couple of inches going, I should take it. Don’t know how she knew I was reading this thread :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've got a new set if Phil doesn't want to get rid of his.

Andy

7. Andy, how much you looking for for your extenders?

8. One of mine has a chewed up screw thread so yeah, I would buy the other set if they are available.

9. IF anyone interested the extenders part numbers are:
    71314611A (Left - clutch side)
    71314601A (right - throttle side). I've been quoted under £20 each new each. The smaller 'standard' size do not appear to be available separately and have to be ordered with a new mirror (£159.77 each!).
    Regards
    Esbee

10. I've got a brand new set & a 2nd hand set. I'll take £20 plus postage for the new ones.
    Where are you based? if you're near Peterborough, you're welcome to pick them up.

Cheers
    Andy

11. PM sent.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information