1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Real Looker

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Aug 3, 2019.

1. I’m thinking of doing the exact same thing with my base 1299.
    Although I would go for the Adventure HP, I wasn’t sure about the gold rims when I saw a picture but in the flesh they look good.
    I just fancy a change of direction and do some touring.
    I’m getting old.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. @bradders
    The valve is in the pipe before the silencer and AFIKO can only be got at by cutting into the zorst. Hence new zorst if it fails. Some on GS Forum have had the complete exhaust replaced due to valve seizing on fairly new bikes.
    Mines only jammed at 32,000 miles so not fussed. The more it’s used the less likely it will be an issue. Your GS has a 3 year warranty so you’ll be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Campervan tosser :p

Tbf if it had, I’d have posted it to @andyb so he could use it. He could do with reminding....

As an aside, I saw a fully liveried old rover 3000, with ,ights, and police vest and other stuff in it at the classic racing yesterday. Now that’s a high end tossed who has a real invested interest!

#43 bradders, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. That’s a nice looking bike Bradders. Best colour and spec. Enjoy!

I prefer my boxers a little lower to the ground! Easier on my short legs.....

4D5D2C4C-5FCD-41BD-A999-620BC2CC757E.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah, this is a real looker as well, pretty colours the both of them.....

upload_2019-8-4_20-31-35.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dont forget to send back the riot shield ...sorry screen too!

7. :upyeah:Definitely better looking and in all probability, with improved handling + advanced torque management than the GS that Bradders has selected :scream::beer:

8. too long and low for me, and I can’t pretend to be Obi Wan

9. Fucking horrendous looking thing, but should make up for it in comfort and hopefully reliability, i look forward to seeing it placed in strategic, multiple locations around europe.

10. That'll be Banes on one of his parade laps.

11. Totally agree. Me likes too.
    Was wondering weather to go this way or a multi. Took an Africa twin for a week and found it an excellent bike all round, but having ridden monster R’s 998’s and 999’s, the Africa twin at (95 I think) could have done with another 20bhp for my liking... not really needed... but icing on the cake as such.

Bradders, didn’t you have a multi at one stage... you finding the 850 has enough poke?

12. My dad just got the exact same bike but with HP akra and the tinted adventure screen. He loves it. I need to have a shot and see as I found the 1200 he had very agricultural.

13. I only just noticed, is that Peroni on offer in the background?

14. So is the 1250. But all boxer engines are, even the old race bikes.

15. I’ve had 2 1200’s and a 1000. Being honest, the either 1200 felt faster and just as easy to ride. I made the choice based on the service I had on my s1000r, got a good deal on a replacement, and having a good local dealer.

There will be times I miss the 1200 power, but that’s only going to be over 100mph really. It feels just as planted, even with mis-matched wheels, blocky rubber and additional weight tbh. And I went factory lowered, so a lot better in height stakes.

16. Plenty of deals in the old country Nisa type petrol stations matey ;)

17. Good to know... I started off at 11k on the website configurator... and got to £14K very quick!
    Umm...... a new 850 with all the bells and whistles or a 3 year old pikes peak with 10K on the clock????

18. Some say the 950 multi feels like the 1200 (I fall bs but never ridden one) so would be 1200 for me.

The 1250 Gs has flat, fat torque from low down and peaks at 106lb ft, maybe 10 up on the multi, and you feel it

19. Does it come with bifocal screen and incontinence seat?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Optional extra matey, think they come as standard on the RT models tho, if that’s your bag :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information