1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Real Looker

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Aug 3, 2019.

1. 3 dislikes and a nuke?! Boy, tough crowd!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Well it looks like my plan of chopping in my 1299 for the GSA HP has hit the rocks!!!
    The part ex value was frankly disgusting in my eyes, not to worry....

3. @bradders - Paul, seeing as you were in the same position in the queue when they were giving legs out, how do you cope with the seat height?

4. It’s very easier with factory lowered kit tbh. I am flat for one side and tip toe the other, or balls on both on flat ground.

I’ll find out if it has ground clearance issues, but I can always lift preload to max electronically and sort that when I am on the bike (worst case). Wasn’t an issue out with @t3scn at the weekend and probably carried a bit of lean angle :) And it will alsways have more clearance than a Diavel :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'd love to have a go on one or even have a go on a Multi if I could get my feet down. I also quite like the Desert Sled and it'd be a hoot based on the other Scramblers I've ridden, but when I sat on one both my feet just dangled in the air. I was nowhere near getting my feet on the floor :/

The Diavel is a doddle though and handles really well when you're chucking it around. :upyeah:

6. El T

I am short - 27" legs... I managed the DVT with low seat on low setting - but I have a bit of bilk to load down...

Have a word with your Manchester crew... i am sure they can sort you out for a ride...

worse case you case drop preload right off and then increase it till you feel at your limits..(reach)

#66 Simon Audi, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Same

8. I have a 29" inside leg..........maybe I should give it a go. :)

9. Both are tough to get on and off, given the height of the rear seat. The multi is worse IMO than the GS. Plus, they do a plate for the GS rear seat so you can just leave it off. The DVT is quite narrow too.

The biggest issue is camber. Normally when leaving rather than arriving, and heaving either off the stand and getting the stand up can be tough...!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Managed to get my kit back from the dealer off the last bike, and buy some essential work kit for this. So had a busy couple of evenings (can’t do much and nothing strenuous so good as it gets!) and got a few bits done.

Managed to get the dual cam system wired in and working, even took porter from a inhibition-live only wire and it works and blew nothing up into flames! Think it’s as neat as I can get it, had to improvise a based for the cam to sit, and think about how to get the cameras wired without drilling holes...spot the cams ;) Also added a headlight cover - great value at £17.95 delivered!

CA05D650-7C4B-4F9F-9321-6B5455C2257A.jpeg

F97CECA9-F4AB-4BB5-AFB4-4FFD8D2D25EC.jpeg

98536BF3-54BA-442F-9998-14E0B34BE996.jpeg

Removed the BMW nav stuff to replace with mine (don’t like the mount so will have to find another fixing solution for the bar)
    982B2BB2-544F-45B7-B0E9-AFD80077E507.jpeg
    Along with the top box and seat cover so I don’t use the rear seat, make getting on/off easier.
    D4FEE8B7-D54C-497F-A16E-4B09EACFCB38.jpeg

Can’t wait to give it a go.

5C336F16-EC73-4D24-8B61-899850F860A3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. EBDBFE11-8FC2-4784-B091-3A743B0EE9BC.jpeg Looks more like Lego than, well, Lego

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. But true :upyeah:

I’m ready to conquer the world now!

13. I still think it looks great, like the colour scheme

Do Not Sell My Personal Information