1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Specific Question About Blocking That Hasn't Yet Been Addressed

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Loz, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Hi Rob, hope things are going splendidly in your particular part of the world.

Once again, I have to say that the recent forum changes have certainly enhanced the forum experience for many. Thanks for your hard work.

I am trying to get my head around how the excellent new Blocking system works. Kudos for that idea, it is making the forum a truly harmonious place where people of differing temperaments don't rub up against each other in ways that irritate uninvolved members and ultimately reflect badly on the Forum as a whole.

I understand the need for blocking to be unavailable in the case of official Forum Staff, some of whom are listed in the Staff Members section. Absolutely. Moderators, etc need to be able to see what is going on and act in their accustomed even-handed fashion to control the kind of members they don't like - troublemakers and such.

However, I have had reports of seemingly normal members being able to comment on posts where the poster has blocked the member making that comment. I cannot see how this can be right, unless perhaps the blocked user making the comment is some sort of unofficial admin person?

If that's the case, by the way ... brilliant. Similar to the idea of camera vans hidden on the side of roads in order to catch speeders, disruptive folk on the forum can never know when they are being observed and so they will be minded to keep their unwelcome opinions to themselves.

I do hope you get the chance on this occasion to respond personally before your efficient staff close the thread due to the inevitable thread drift that occurs in even the best forums.

Please keep up the good work and the great service you provide to the membership.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Can a poster block another from commenting? Surely if someone is on block, you simply don’t see what they post.

I know is someone is on ignore/block and they start a thread, that thread is not available to be seen.

3. Good to see that people are reporting to you :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Despite your ardent desire I don't think Rob involves himself in the the minutiae of responding to member's posts :broken_heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Doesn’t he know who you are...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. @Loz you sir are master of cynicism, I am immediately going to a haberdashery to purchase material to fabricate a cap. I shall then return home to make it and doff it!

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
    • WTF x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Lock Thread x 1
  7. The power behind the throne......................our very own Dominic Cummings, if you will :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Please don't derail this thread like you all did with the Random Pic V2 Appreciation thread *worryface*

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Some seek thrones and kingdoms, where others seek a simple answer to a question in a motorcycle forum

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. hes the only one who truly listens and understands the plight of us casual forum members.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. No idea what you're on about here but you seem to want to know how the blocking thing works, too.
    Have you also had reports of the block facility not working the way it should?

12. im just seeking a corkscrew atm.... wtf do they still make bots of red with corks? perhaps another question for rob.. (trying hard to stay on topic here)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I have and rather than asking in the open forum, I had private convo'd the senior admin but sadly no reply. Having the issue now raised by others as they seemed to be having issues on the matter also, it seemed best that if there was problems with blocking, then resolving it should be the best thing??

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I need to block someone, to see how it works.:thinkingface::thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. unfortunately, the best thing to do is far from what is usually done but waddayagunnado?

16. block me! you never liked me anyhu!

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. Never, I’m still voting for you.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. me me me me!!! I think, what is blocking , do you know if you're blocked and should you care if you are?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. in some places blocking is a sexual act .. gang bang basically....

• Useful Useful x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. remember jenny from the block? always makes me smile...
    am i still on topic here?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information