1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A303 Stonehenge Tunnel Proposals

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete1950, Feb 8, 2018.

1. yes, just read in detail Jez, but chose to concise, you missed out the man who cut off his own ankle to prevent snake venom giving him a coronary.

2. I'd never heard of the movie nor the Irish fellow that inspired it, until you posted. A quick google brought up the 'plane crash. Sh*t... cutting off your own ankle to avoid a coronary -WTF! I'm going to google this some more.

Brings to mind Aron Ralston
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/dec/15/story-danny-boyles-127-hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plus the sailors Pete Goss & Viktor Yazykov...

https://apnews.com/article/055e19784394203ba9fd0c617f0d712f

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9811/19/email.operation/

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll look for it!

• Like Like x 1

5. It’s also like when the Ottomans couldn’t take Constantinople, partly because the harbour was blocked by a huge chain, so they constructed pathways of greased logs up the hillsides and dragged all their ships over to the other side in order to bypass it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Desperation is the mother of invention.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I knew i'd a photograph somewhere on the system, it's taken me ten odd minutes to find the fecker.
    P6060164.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. I used to drive up the A303 every week back when i had my Rd 250.. 89/91 and it was a nice landmark to wizz by as part of the journey etc.
    returning to UK for family visits, and the realisation that the traffic volume has increased massively i can see where the traffic issues would become an area of complaint, once the duel carriageway ends its a stop start nightmare every time i have been though in the last 10 years or so sadly.

9. Went down the 303 on the monster in 2019, just filtered through the pissed off car drivers.

10. Thats a lovely looking Scooby ruined by a pile of rubble in the background. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I'd have set the photoshoot up the other way, from the inside out long distance perspective, maybe next time just 4 you sir.

12. there's a lot of possible humour to be had in both these pictures* Jez, but i'm bound to get hanged for commenting despite my Irish heritage.

*surely the 2nd pic is the finished job isn't it, and a grand job it is too. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Taylor Wimpey builders have come a long way since those early days.

14. They've changed their hats, thats for sure...

15. Perhaps the perfect disguise for covering up what they don't know in life.

16. The stripes are cool though...

stone stripe.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Quite possibly ventilation slots for those lunchtime cornbeef sandwiches.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Perhaps it's time we got the pneumatic jackhammer out then and recycled it.

19. Nah, no need for anything like that to happen. Now the new NI tax has been levied, there's billions we can spend filling in cracks in the stones...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information