1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aberdeenshire Routes

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Sprocker, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Yeah I used to have a springer/cocker cross. Great dog
    Great options there so will have another look at the routes I’ve plotted already and modify to take in your route , thanks Esbee :)

This is one of the routes I had done to try, and takes in some of your suggestions already
    Route 1
    https://goo.gl/maps/SpDrcHqt4H8ybTheA

2. Good route, but you wont get past Aberlour sober :eek:

3. This might be a good option for Sunday morning. The guy I’m meeting for the ride lives in Insch, so he could meet me in Ellon to do this one. Not too long and always up for fish and chips lol. I have a long 6/7 hr ride home on Sunday so this looks like a winner ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_3803.JPG IMG_3802.JPG IMG_3800.JPG IMG_3801.JPG
    If your in Ellon - Tarves is only a few miles away. I'd recommend The Murly Tuck. Yum yum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Looks great Esbee
    Route 3
    https://goo.gl/maps/udJrzGXdmiSDKSwZ7

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you’re in Ellon and fancy a bite to eat hit up either the Cornkist at the New Inn Hotel or Dogtap at Brewdog.

Some great routes suggested here, you won’t be stuck!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. My Fiancé’s sons wife does the accounts for Brewdog and we’ve been to the dogtap. A good night was had by all :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks like it might be dryish... but, there's been a hoora heavy rain over the high ground so watch oot fer gravel washed ower the road. Enjoy yer ride :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. hoora? thats a cambelltown word.
    i had a dug called hoora. just saying. :upyeah:

10. Its very much self interest..... but not financial! Use it or loose it - difficult to get a range of Biker friendly cafes and this one is just bloody brilliant! The more folk that find it and use it will make it less likely to end up closed.
    Good roads in the area as well. Bonus.
    Get that Corse up there Simon!

• Like Like x 1
  11. meeting at a cafe called the pitstop near Pitcaple that’s supposed to be biker friendly .

12. The Pitstop doeas a mega breakfast. It's a converted bus in a layby on the A96 just north of Pitcaple. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OMG what a fantastic route (apart from the detour in Stonehaven lol) we had a great day. I think the Murley Tuck was closed when I passed it about 15:30

I’ve just told our lass we need to move up here :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
  14. And that’s just a small taste of what we have available to us up this way. I’m still finding decent new roads when I’m out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeah ive been a few times on the bike to Scotland on both sides and up top and the roads here are a bikers dream . I’d love to live here :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information