1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About To Leave Ducati

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bob T, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Well, be a LITTLE careful as if you're unlucky, the fines for violating the rules are quite hefty. It's all about toeing the line without egregiously stamping all over it ;)

2. I got 2 honda and a Kawasaki...but I have just bought a ducati jacket and I was working in my ducati t shirt yesterday....ducati is my favourite brand not sure why I have not got one must be a reason.

#43 Dirty Leeds, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. They are free to send me a fine, I'll probably put it in the bin.

Don't believe anything that you read in the media, there is no problem here.

4. All I would say, is as a long time Ducati fan. I waivered the same as you are doing, and bought a R1250GS to do 3000 miles in a week around Scotland. There is no denying, it did it perfectly, comfortable, easily, but uninspiringly and I am now selling everything to buy my 1299S back as there is no other brand of bike that makes you feel as special, and as much as they might be uncomfortable, hot, hard at times. Nothing compares. Saying all of this, I still have my R1250GS in the shed.... along with my Ducati's ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. But do have the rs 250? :joy:

6. Now that little RS250 is a different story. I sold it, as beautiful as it is, but I don’t miss it. They need constant running / tinkering to get the best out off and I didn’t run it enough and I got offered £7k from memory for it, which in my head is a 996/998/F4/SP1 these days. The little RS250 were only £4-5k new when I was 17 whereas the 996-998/F4/SP1 I don’t even know how much they were as they were never an option when I was 17 but it makes me feel the RS250 are a bit over priced now. Saying that I relived my youth and had one, well 2, lol a Mk.1 Romboni one and the Mk.2 which is in my pic, it was the best I could get my hands on. Had loads fun in the meantime with them but would rather a 996/998/F4/SP1 or something in my shed these days.

7. Bob, et all,

What an interesting thread that covers some very common ties between bikers of all denominations - health, marques, lust, common sense and good old fashioned ergonomics!

I took delivery of my third GSA1200 last March, (was stuck in the garage during lock down), and I have to admit that for mile munching, (in comfort), there are few other bikes that fit the bill.

But they are very LARGE and they are a right handful at low speeds, (less than 5mph)!

But I am very interested to note just how many other Ducati owners also own a BMW too!

We all have to make our own choices and after I sold my previous Ducati superbike, (the 999 FILA R), I let my head rule my heart, (as I knew the 999 would only come out in guaranteed fine weather), yet I still wanted to tour the UK and abroad and the Duke was simply not practical so I opted for common sense - but seriously regretted it later!

I was also tired of the accompanying wrist, back and neck ache that was an accepted result of most rides - yet this is part of the Ducati experience when one wishes to own a motorcycle with proven race pedigree - as are most motorcycles today of course.

So it is always a sad day when you open your garage, (or possibly conservatory), door and not be greeted by that Ducati smile anymore!

Hence the reason why I now have a 1198s in the garage today!

What use is common sense anyway!

But after a little time away from the Ducati marque I certainly would not be surprised if you find yourself investing in another Italian motorcycle at some point in the near future - just for that spare hour on a sunny, (and dry), Sunday afternoon . . . .

May I wish you many more very enjoyable ride outs on whatever bike you choose and stay safe out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I still have 3 Ducatis in the garage, along with the R1250RS which I collected on Monday afternoon. The RS now has 900 kms on it and I have not owned it for 72 hours yet.
    The Monster 821 will stay at the moment as my girlfriend owns it. The Supersport 939 might stay as a spare bike, not decided yet. The 1967 250 Mk3 is just sitting there unloved, I should really sell it.
    All the bikes are paid for and there is no road tax nor MOTs here for bikes, so there is no rush to part with anything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Enjoy the BMW; I'm enjoying mine :upyeah:

10. Be aware of bridge closures - they can make getting out to the South a bit of a 'mare. Try to avoid rush hour.

edit - ignore the advice, I've just caught up that the journey has already been completed :blush:

• Like Like x 1
  11. And taking a pension from it?

12. Enjoy the bike btw

Do Not Sell My Personal Information