1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Accessory Manuals

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by steveb123, Nov 4, 2015.

1. I've managed to find and download various accessory manuals for the Multistrada 1200 DVT (2015). I've put them in a freely accessible folder on a Google Drive for view only and provided links to them below, along with links for additional product information.

NB. the part numbers, instructions and links were correct when posted however they are subject to change, so please check. If you find any errors or additions, please let me know.

---
    Ducati Owners and Spare Parts Catalogues:
    NB. The latest version of these manuals are available on the Maintenance section of the Ducati.com website, along with manuals in other languages and for other models and years.

Other documents available on the Ducati website:
    ---
    Instructions for Ducati accessories for the Multistrada 1200 DVT (2015):
    • Touring Pack [97980031B] - Ducati Info - Factory fitted if specified with bike order
    • Urban Pack [97980031B] - Ducati Info
      • Top Case [96780582A] - Instructions (early release, with part numbers)
        • NB. You now have to order the top case without the painted covers, and then order the appropriate colour covers separately
        • Top case without painted covers [96780691A] - Ducati Info
        • Painted covers for top case - Ducati Info
          • Red [96780711A]
          • Iceberg White [96780721A]
          • Silver [96780642A]
    • Other Accessories (for which instructions are available or I've fitted):
      • Keyless Filler Cap [96680491A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
        • I'm waiting for mine to be installed by my Dealer as there was a design problem (again). Maybe next year now as I've tucked the bike up for the Winter
      • Large Touring Tank Bag [96780511A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
        • NB. a Tanklock Flange Kit [96780281A] is required - Ducati Info
        • There is no direct Givi equivalent, the nearest being the XS308 Tanklock bag however this has removable front and side pockets which convert into a waist pack. Also the side pockets on the Ducati tank bag have a different shape but otherwise the two bags are similar
        • The Ducati tank bag does not foul the bars at full lock
      • Termignoni Racing Exhaust System [96480701A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
        • Remember that you'll need a new engine map installed by your dealer, using the supplied up-map key
      • Billet Footpegs [96280121A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Carbon Screen [96980711A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Large GT Screen [97180221A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Carbon Conveyor Covers [96980681A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Billet Water Pump Cover [97380151A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Carbon Rear Splash Guard [96980721A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Low Seat [96780591A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Luggage Rack [96780611A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
      • Top Case Liner [96792210B] - Ducati Info - No Instructions Found
        • Which I brought back in 2010 and has hasn't changed
      • Pannier Liners [96780521A] - Ducati Info - No Instructions Found
        • I'm using my old 2010-2014 pannier liners [96791210B] as I prefer them to the new design - they filled out the lids better and still fit well enough even though the shape is different
        • Having tried various ways of making best use of the pocket at the back of the right hand pannier over the years, this time I used a long packing cube (Kathmandu) held in with heavy duty velcro
      • Zumo 390 Sat Nav [EU:96680461A / USA:96680511A] - Ducati Info - Instructions
        • I use a Zumo 660 mounted using a Navihalter which places the Sat Nav above the bike's display, see section below
      • LED Rear Indicators [96680471A] - Ducati Info
        • I've fitted the Panigale rear indicators [53010282A & 53010292A] are LED and have a similar shape to the original but are about half the size. I first installed them on my 2013 bike (see thread)
        • Replacement rear indicators are a lot easier to fit on the 2015 bike as you don't have to drop the whole number plate holder, just remove the top cover (NB. Torx screws are used) however there is less room to tuck away an surplus length of cable on the new indicators
    There are a lot more OEM accessories available, see the Accessories section of the Ducati.com web site. The Accessories section of the Ducati.co.uk website has UK list prices however it's not always as complete as the Ducati.com pages.

Notes:
    • Most of the instructions were downloaded from the Pro Italia web site
    • The accessories that I've got installed on my bike are in blue text
    ---
    Product and installation details for third party accessories that I've installed on my bike:
    • Pyramid Plastics - Fenda Extenda
      • The same version of Fenda Extenda fits all Multistrada 1200s from 2010 to 2016.
      • The instructions on the Multistrada 1200 page link to PDF for the Bandit 600 hugger installation :-(
      • There is a link to an installation video on Youtube, where you can find many similar
      • NB. It appears that the Evotech Engine/Head Guard touches the Fenda Extenda on full suspension compression as I've discovered some marks on the Fenda Extenda after fitting the Engine/Head Guard. I've not experienced any problems under full braking but it's something to be aware of
      • I've not seen any signs of the Fenda Extenda rubbing against the front tyre, which was a common problem on 2010-2014 models
      • Available direct and online from various distributors
    • Protectionfilms24.com - Screen / Display Protector
      • Various options are available in different materials, I chose the Vikuiti MySunShadeDisplay Protector. There was a production problem in June, just before I collected my bike and I couldn't get any version of these protectors. After an appeal of this forum, @Diamaduk kindly posted me one of his spare protectors as he had purchased a multipack before they were withdrawn - Thanks again Jimmy
      • Installation is not easy because of the complex shape around the gear indicator window. Generic instructions are available. I applied the film with a generous amount of water with a small amount of baby shampoo - like you would for paint protection film
      • The film works well and there aren't any reflections however in full sun the display is more difficult to read
      • Can be purchased direct or from Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk. Simialr products from other manufacturers are now appearing
    • Navihalter.de - High Level Sat Nav Mount
      • A high level mount for Garmin or TomTom Sat Navs (limited models) which puts the Sat Nav above the bike's main display. It clamps to the top part of the screen mount and does reduce the ease of adjustment
      • The instructions are provided only in German. I typed them into document and attempted to translate them, not good and suggestions welcome
      • The Sat Nav socket is located below the left hand air conveyor panel near the PIN code start button, see a full description in a post by @Splash
      • I decided to reduce the length of cable from the Zumo 660 cradle and only keep the 12V power wires. It's important to insulate all the other wires from each other otherwise the Sat Nav displays various error messages. See the Touratech instructions for how to to this, of course you can use the plug supplied with the bike
      • I used Navihalters on my 2010 and 2013 Multistradas. I really like the Sat Nav mounted above the bike's display.
      • Only available direct, from their German only website. You'll need to use the translation features of a browser (useless you can read German), I use Google Chrome. At least the drop down list of countries now has United Kingdom not Vereinigtes Königreich :)
      • Versions of the Navihalter are also available for 2010-2012 & 2013-2104 Multistradas
    • Mobiltron - Tyre Track Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
      • I chose strap type of sensors (internal) which mount the sensor inside the tyre with a long strap. I considered the external sensors which screw onto the valve cap but was concerned that they might not fit
      • The instruction booklet is very good and installation is straightforward. I wired the display into the same socket as the Sat Nav. I mounted the display on the handlebar clamp using heavy duty 3M Dual Lock Fastener Tape
      • I use a TPMS because I ride with a pillion some of the time and like to adjust tyre pressures accordingly. This TPMS displays temperature which is also useful. I know some people don't like the idea of a TPMS but are now compulsory on passenger cars in Europe and I've sure bikes will follow
      • The pressure display doesn't attempt to compensate for temperature, but I always check before when cold and you learn how the pressure increases with temperature. The accuracy is very good, the same reading as my pencil type pressure gauge
      • Only available online, £99.00 for the internal sensors or £109.00 for the external sensors plus £6.00 P&P
    • Scottoiler - eSystem Chain Oiler
      • I've migrated my eSystem Scottoiler from my 2010 Multistrada to my 2013 model and now onto my 2015 model
      • Reservoir location was a bit of head scratcher as it wouldn't fit under the rear frame covers as on previous models. Luckily @roundincircles posted some pictures of where his dealer mounted the reservoir. I understand someone removed the evaporation canister/filter and mounted the reservoir in it's place
      • Pipe routing was easy enough, but required removal of the rear mudguard and splash guard. I used the Scottoiler dual injector mounted using a bracket designed by @vau and available via Shapeways. The bracket was designed for the 2010-2014 Multistradas but it works OK on the 2015 model. @vau has designed a single injector for the 2015 Multistrada
      • I mounted the display on the handlebar clamp using heavy duty 3M Dual Lock Fastener Tape
      • I understand that Scottoilers arn't liked by many people however I've had no problems with it apart from blocked nozzles. I still clean and wax the chain regularly as the Scottoil won't stop the OEM chains going rusty :-(
      • Scottoiler products are available direct and from various distributors
    • Solar Gard - ClearShield Pro Paint Protection Film (PPF)
      • I had 3M VentureShield installed on my 2013 Multistrada and thought about having it installed on my new bike however the kits were just becoming available and I couldn't find an installer. After reading @JimVees post about having paint protection film installed on his 2015 Multistrada I had a conversation with him and decided to go down the same route
      • I contacted Tony Hill of Tony James Designs ([email protected] / 07718 000561) and he explained that he uses the ClearShield Pro film and the reasons why. We agreed a date and price for him to install the film, in my garage. He did a great job using patterns which he developed. He has years of experience installing paint protection film and it shows. He even added a couple of bits I recommended (e.g. front mudguard, where the hoses rub)
      • He finished off the installation with a coat of EXO on the paint and C2 on the plastic trim, both from Gtechniq. He also gave me a small bottle of C2 for use after washing the bike
    • Grip Puppies - Slip Over Handle Bar Grips
      • Easy to fit once you removed the bar end weights and the screws holding the hand guards
      • Don't seem to reduce the effectiveness of the heated grips
    • AirHawk - Airhawk 2 Medium Cruiser Seat Cushion
      • I purchased this as I had a major comfort issue with the seat on my 2013 Multistrada, so much so I ordered the seat so I could ride home from Cornwall (about 270 miles) with overdosing on pain killers. Strange as I had no problems with the seat on the my 2010 bike
      • I brought the Polyurethane (AirHawk 2) version as I wasn't sure I'd get on with it. I ended up getting a Sargent seat for the bike so didn't use it a couple of years
      • I find the seat on the 2015 Multistrada OK however for longer runs I've started using the AirHawk cushion again. Getting the air pressure right is key, definitely a case of less is more
      • Available from a number of distributors. Other seat cushions are available....
    ---
    Misc Stuff, including special tools:
    • Spare keys without transponder
      • I ordered two Ducati key blanks [59840291A] which don't have a transponder. I had them cut locally with no questions asked
      • I have one on a keyring with my disk lock, cable lock and front door keys which I use when opening the seat, panniers and top case. I have a second set the same which I give to my wife when she's on the back or to a mate when riding in a group
    • Wheel sockets
      • I have a MotoMFG steel wheel socket which fits the front and rear wheel nuts. I keep it under the seat along with a tubeless tyre repair kit just in case the wheel needs to come off for a proper puncture repair somewhere where they don't have the appropriate sockets
      • I also have 55 mm socket, 12 point, 3/4" drive socket and a 1 m long, 3/4" drive breaker bar to get the rear wheel nut off at home, together with a 70-330 Nm, 1/2" drive torque wrench and 1/2" / 3/4" adapter to put the nut back on
    • Electric Tyre Pump
      • After looking at many electric tyre pumps over the years, a few months back I purchased the smallest one I've found so far. It's very basic and doesn't even have a case. It's called a MotoPressor and it's made by an Australian company called Rock Creek Designs however it's available in the UK on Amazon.co.uk. I replaced the crock clips with a Powerlet plug.
      • My previous pump was a Air Man Sparrow Air Pump (mark 2) which is good but it just takes up more space
    • Soft Luggage - Kriega
      • I've got US-20 and US-30 dry bags. They are great bits of kit. I found the US-20 a bit small and now tend to use just the US-30. I use they bags strapped to the top case rack with a bit over the pillion seat, long ways on. They do make it bit harder to cock your leg over
      • When I'm solo and don't have too much kit to carry I prefer to use a tail pack and large tank bag as it makes filtering easier. I can squeeze my 11" laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 11S) in the large tank bag and secure the Kreiga tail pack to the bike and with a cable lock.
      • I did try an R3 waist pack but coudn't get on with it as it touched the pillion seat. I now use the small Ducati tank bag for holding a phone, keys, visor cleaning kit, Sat Nav case etc.
    • Meaco - DD8LJ Junior Dehumidifer
      • I was concerned about high humidity levels in my garage, over 85% RH in the winter. It's an integral double garage, cavity walls (block and brick, with insulation), good doors (Hormann; sectional, 40 mm insulated) and plastic tiles on the floor (EcoTile; 7 mm PVC), monitored with an Oregon Scientific multi-zone weather station
      • I purchased this model because it has a drain tube and relatively low power consumption. I've got it on a time switch set to 3 on/offs a day for an hour at time. The drain tube pokes out of a small hole in the corner of a door frame, so there is no tank to empty. It can maintain 50% RH if I don't open the main doors to often, not a problem as I usually tuck the bike up in November and don't use it again until March

#1 steveb123, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 18
    • Like Like x 10
    • Useful Useful x 3
  2. Thanks for this helpful info, @steveb123 .
    If you happen to come across a workshop manual for the MTS 1200 DVT, would you post a link please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Will do. If anyone else find a link to the DVT workshop manual(s) please let me know.

#3 steveb123, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  4. I've just downloaded copies of the Workshop Manuals for the DVT (Standard and S) together with the the USA version of the wiring schematics for both bikes. They are available for $29.90 from manualionline on ebay.com, which I found thanks to a post on the Ducati.ms forum. I paid via PayPal and it cost me just over £20, a couple of hours later I received a link to page on the www.copy.com website where I could view and download the four PDF documents.

The manuals have no Ducati title page, document numbers or copywrite information. They don't even have page numbers, but at least the links from the contents section work.

If you want more information, please send me a PM.

#4 steveb123, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  5. Thanks again. I have just downloaded the manual from the site you suggested, and it is exactly as you said. The pdf is a bit rough but all the information is there. This will be very useful. Much appreciated.

6. Does anyone see the Elephant in the room here?
    These downloads are obviously pirate copies, which are being sold, probably illegally. In theory, if these files appeared on one of the many filesharing sites on the net, it would at least deprive these sellers income. Not that I would condone that sort of thing either btw. :)

7. I suspect that you have no idea of the provenance of this manual, and that you are merely speculating. Is that so?

Ducati very reasonably make available for download free of charge the brochures, parts lists, user manuals, and accessory catalogues for all their models. Anomalously they have failed to make the workshop manuals similarly available. They can hardly complain if somebody else does their job for them. So what is your point?

8. Ducati do sell their workshop manuals, they are expensive, and they are not quick at releasing them other than to their Dealers, for example the 2015 set are not available yet
    Ducati Service Manual Collection: 91471131
    I agree that non availability of the manuals, or indeed pricing the manuals at what seems a high price will mean someone is going to "do there job for them".
    My point is, if you are going to obtain manuals with unknown provenance, it would be better to pay nothing for them, than pay.
    And I apologise for speculating.

9. Hi is there an intruction manual for fitting the DVT carbon belt cover ?
    Regards Neil

10. I used Steveb123's suggestions when setting up my 2015 Multi.

For the Scottoiler, they will supply FOC an adaptor with enough small black tubing to reach the reservoir when it is positioned where they suggest, low on the frame left rear. Send and email request to [email protected] and he'll send you one. Also this guy, Mark Celino, was very helpful and sent me pictures of their suggested installation [email protected] . I tried uploading the pictures but Computer Says No, so drop him a line.

I bought a Luggage Rack (Luggage Rack [96780611A] - Ducati Info - Instructions ) from Spain at a saving of £50 or so from Carbono, Accesorios y Recambios para Ducati - www.Carbon4us.com .The Ducati instructions on the link above are wrong. It's a very simple design but the two rubber buffers have to be swapped over otherwise the front one is too thick and the rear one interferes with a bracing bar underneath the rack, so the supplied bolts don't reach right through. If you get one you'll see what I mean. It ends up OK at the rear but there's nothing to locate the front buffer except compression.

Regards, Peter

11. Does anyone have a manual for the Ohlins forks used on the 2017 Pikes Peak?

12. Great info thanks

13. Interesting and very informative. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a rear cowl to replace the rear seat. I have one on my VFR and it looks good and gives a bit of luggage space underneath.

14. Anyone? Or info what forks they are using.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information