1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Accossato Vs Braking Vs Brembo

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by psych0hans, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I really want to uograde the master cylinder speed on my 899. I’m kind of anal, so I’ll be upgrading both, the brake and clutch, at the same time. I know brembo is supposed to be the holy grail of brakes, but what about the other brands I mentioned above? I’m sure I could get both the brake and clutch masters from Braking for almost the same as a brembo brake master. The Accossato units seem to be somewhere in between the two.

Has anyone here used either braking or accossato master cylinders?

8BEEC34C-D72E-47E3-8D41-53D5DF735FB0.jpeg
    4CD0E6C2-3930-44FB-8603-D18357343F0B.jpeg
    4DD4368B-4D91-4564-B87E-545557C33F47.jpeg

2. im sure the cheap lookalike works far more efficiently and better than those that just buy the one with the brembo badge...

3. No experience of the Braking stuff, but I've used Brembo for years and still do. I found the Accossato stuff ok, but there was a fair bit of mechanical clearance/play in the lever/pushrod assembly and this took away a fair amount of feel from the lever, for me anyhow. The RCS Brembo stuff takes some beating in my eyes.
    On the 899, bear in mind the switchgear can cause clearance issues with the aftermarket master cylinders. Clutch is ok, but the brake is tight. I ended up ditching the stock switchgear and went for a smaller pushbutton type from GPT in Italy. Works a treat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Can you explain a little more about why you feel the master cylinders you have need to be better ? Certainly the current generation of Brembo offerings give you a wide choice of lever pivot to piston lengths and piston diameters which will change how the lever feels. A longer lever pivot to piston measurement will give you a harder feel and less movement to apply the braking. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. The brake master cylinder has gotten really spongy and this is AFTER I got it rebled by the Ducati service center. Quiet disappointing, because it wasn't so bad earlier, but has gotten worse over time.

Maybe try giving it another bleed?

6. I had a similar issue with my girlfriend’s Diavel front brake m/c. No matter how much I bled it, 10 minutes later it was spongy again. I was up for replacing it but my Dealer’s workshop had a go and it’s been fine ever since. No idea what I was doing or what they did that was different. Perhaps @nelly could give some insight on how to bleed the m/c properly. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. @nelly hello mate, got a link to those or do you supply ? Was looking at the BSD stuff for an 1199S but its proper pricey for what it is, what do you recommend ?

8. yes mate, the starter/kill switch ones. Got a couple in the cabinet...... you remember that? "The cabinet of doom" :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information