1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acf50... Results

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Rapide, May 6, 2017.

1. I always have a can of ACF50 in the garage but use it liberally , i used to use WD-40 to cover the bike but now i use pro clean pro care basically it the more or less the same as WD-40 &the mx guys use it , they lather they're bike in it after every wash !
    No don't go spraying your brake with any oil based products but me personally i don't worry too much about the over spray as it does burn of the brake after a few miles and i always check my brakes :bucktooth:

2. I use a compressor and spray gun adjusted to the narrowest spread and the lightest spray. The aerosol just drenches the bike. I give a quick blast to every nut, bolt and fastener, then a light mist to everything except painted bodywork, screen, clocks, bar grips, seat and obviously brakes and tyres. Its very good at cleaning and shining titanium end cans and carbon but avoid link pipe and headers or it'll smoke). Excellent on non-painted plastics and matt finished bodywork that won't respond to polish and it helps repel dust.

ACF50 isn't really a lubricant so I've usually applied the real thing first to moving bits like stands, pegs, levers pivots, cables and linkages etc. I always lube clutch and brake levers with a silicon spray after every wash or I find the pins and plungers get dry and grittty.

Finish off by rubbing everything over with a soft cloth to make sure its all covered and any excess removed. I always clean discs with brake cleaner before riding. They're bound to get a bit on them.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information