1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acf50

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by michel couque, Mar 5, 2022.

1. I cover the wheels and spray ACF50 with a light mist, if I remove a bolt/screw, unless loctite is required I coat the threads in ACF 50/grease before refitting.

2. Does anyone know if it’s safe on matte paint? I’m wary of getting polish, wax or silicone near by matte body work so it’s difficult misting the bike with ACF and not getting overspray near the bodywork on my SFV4S.

3. I had a Matt red GSA, ACF 50 didn’t cause a problem on it, the two BMW dealers I’ve used in recent years routinely spray it on after washing the bike following a service

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. It’s fine on matte paint.

I coat everything with acf50 (except brake pads etc which are covered obviously) and leave it for a couple of hours. I then use a microfibre cloth on the exposed areas to dry it/finish it off. Then I’ll start the bike up and let the heat from the engine sort out the rest I can’t see/get to with the cloth.

Job jobbed :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know I won’t mess up the matte finish. Might have a ACF day in the garage today. Looks like a cracking week weather wise but still loads of salt down on the road !

6. I previously stated that there was lint from the cloth I had used to apply in some places. That has now come off wiping with another cloth, so all looks and feels normal now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Interested to know if there were any particular reasons (specs?) that made you choose the TG2 over other spray guns.
    Wondering if gravity feed might be an advantage?

....spray gun link or details please ;-)

8. I find it cleans up the black plastic on the bike nicely as well

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. A bit late to the party on this one but I thought I'd add my opinion based on my experience with ACF50. I started using it about 8 years ago, firstly on my Monster then on my R1200GS and now use it on my Multi V4S. I strip as much of the bike as possible, fairings, exhaust, bash plate etc, then place the plastic spray in hot water while I cover the tyres, break discs, foot pegs and hand grips. Heating the liquid causes it to spray as a fine mist and I spray the whole bike paying particular attention to the underside of the bike. I then spray all the parts I have removed. I leave them for about a couple of hours, minimum before wiping any access away and reassembling the bike. I do normally do this about three times during the winter, as I continue riding when the roads are dry and the conditions are right. This has kept all my bikes in pristine condition.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maybe I'm just lazy, but if I was to have my bikes treated with ACF-50, I'd probably go to these guys:

https://allyearbiker.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm happy doing it myself and spend the £75 on bike mods or gear. :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2

12. I used him a few times on my 675s I rode throughout the winter, always pleased with the results. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I spray a full can onto the whole bike at the start of winter. Definitely helps I think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. To the guy who asked for a link to the gravity feed gun, this is the HVLP one i bought specifically for applying ACF50

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/pgf14-gravity-fed-pro-spray-gun/

I'm sure mine is the 14 rather than the 18 (1.4 v 1.8mm mixture nozzle)

Works brilliantly. I've never heated the fluid beforehand, it's always been nominally room temp. In some ways i think it may be detrimental with this gun, too fine/light mist and it will go places where you don't want it, I'm happy with the spray pattern as is. Very controllable delivery with the trigger. Used ACF50 from day 1 on both my GS and Scrambler. The former gets used in all sorts of shitty weather although i don't commute or use it daily. 2.5yrs later all fastenings are just like new. I spray it everywhere other than brakes, screen and i remove the seats, but i do spray onto electrical connectors and plastics. Go and have a cup of tea then start wiping it off with a microfibre. Plastics come up great, not shiney so long as you don't drown the bike with it. With the GS being an absolute bugger to reach the inner areas, the gun work well, then be prepared to shred hands wiping it off again!

Forget using the freebie trigger gun, its crap, as is the aerosol version, just buy the big old bottle and decant.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information