1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acid Throwing Thieving Git In Court

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Jez900ie, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Has somebody hacked your account?
    Bit left wing for you.

He was big enough to pick up the bottle & spray the victims , he’s big enough to face the consequences.

Would you have such a liberal viewpoint if it was your face & panigale?

While I appreciate there is no perfect solution , there is already too much leniency in the system.

Completely disagree with you.

#21 Rosso, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. The wife and I were discussing this on the drive to the station this morning. General consensus was that, at 16-17 you know right from wrong as well as a 35 year old

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. That’s simply incorrect. The frontal lobe ,where complex reasoning and decision making takes place, isn’t fully developed in males until the early 20s. Everything from upbringing to even what your mum did when you were in utero can influence that part of the brain. In future we might be looking back and thinking about responsibility and free will in a different way.

5. That’s why there’s a judge who makes the final call. Hopefully that judge has knowledge beyond the average person and can make a unemotional judgement.

6. Do you really want him or anyone else to get raped in prison?

7. Complex reasoning and decision making, maybe... the basic reasoning of ‘do I spray acid in this fella’s face so I can steal his bike’ is a very basic right/wrong. It’s upbringing and kids now are allowed to stay out until whenever, hanging around in gangs of the wrong crowd. Telling their mum’s to F off if they make any attempt to scold them. Gone are the days of ‘wait until your dad gets home’, because daddy probably isn’t around or doesn’t give a shit either.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. A judge will probably never have had anything stolen or been attacked as they usually live in nice areas that do not have gangs running them .
    London is going the way of the gang culture in the U.S.A . and judges are fuelling the fire by giving out sentences for robbery etc ,that are more lenient than if i were to get caught breaking traffic laws.
    It is not the fault of the police that crimes are out there committing crime . It is the justice system that needs to wake up before London becomes like L.A.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. The Victims have received a lifes sentence of physical/mental issues so surely this is a No brainer,, The Perpetrators should receive the same sentence!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Completely agree with @JH_1986 , while your reply is an impressive show of knowledge from your day job, how much further frontal lobe development would be needed to make such a basic decision.

To spray, or not to spray.

A 20 year old is not better placed to make this decision than a 17 year old.

Possibly you are right, maybe he witnessed his Mum doing the same thing down the bingo and thought it was the norm.

#30 Rosso, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  11. All I'm saying is that it's not as simple as good and bad people. And every decision doesn't feel the same same to different people. Some people might find kicking a dog disgusting, and some people will have been conditioned to think 'it's just a dog'. The same can be said for everything.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1693445/

12. Just to add to this CF....its a guess but, you dont have kids do you?

I firmly believe its in the upbringing like others have said on here.

I have 3 children, 9 14 and 16. Before xmas we went out for a meal, all of us. At the end of the meal my middle son slipped a teaspoon into the pocket of my youngest son and when we got outside he pulled it out and said jokingly "you stole that!". My little one was absolutely distraught, inconsolable. We had to go back into the restaurant to hand the teaspoon back in. My point being is that my 9 year old knows the difference between right and wrong. My oldest daughter through her school life has cut a few "friends" loose and they, in turn have started to spiral downhill. As i say, in the upbringing.

Id say he (him) knew exactly what he was doing, and now caught will pay for it one way or the other how ever that is visited upon him.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. The judge will have considered the sentencing guidelines for the offence in question (which set out the entry point and the aggravating and mitigating factors to be taken into account), precedent judgments of the Court of Appeal Criminal Division, the maximum sentence as set by Parliament, a Pre-Sentence Report provided by the Probation Service, and Victim Impact Statements from the victims. Judges take all these factors into account before arriving at the sentence passed.

I confidently predict that people who are totally ignorant of all of these matters will nevertheless feel able to make half baked comments about the sentence and the judge, as they usually do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah , thats why the police are always saying they end up arresting the same core criminals again and again.

15. About 20 minutes ago, three scrotes on 3 bikes. 2 scooters pushing a new white BMW 1000 XR along Marylebone Road.

Poor little cherubs probably don’t realise it belongs to someone else.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Which is precisely why there are (or should be) stiff sentences to disabuse the mentally and morally impoverished who have or may be minded to kick dogs or dissolve someone's face with acid to facilitate the theft of their property that "its just a dog" is not an acceptable defense.

You say sentencing shouldn't be just about revenge: well, at least you would seem to accept the it should be partly about that. There has to be an element of retribution, of punishment. If you commit a crime there must be a price to pay. Those are what the scales of justice mean.

It doesn't say in the link what he was actually charged with. The charges he faced obviously affect the type and severity of the sentence the judge was able to hand down. And while it may be true that most people are not familiar with and do not understand the precise details of the judicial process nor the sentencing guidelines and protocols under which the judge had to pass sentence, it isn't half-baked to question whether they are fit for purpose when sentences for the most despicable crimes appear to be too lenient and have no effect whatsoever on discouraging criminality.

17. My lad is doing some studies on this stuff right now for his neurology masters.

It doesn’t mean they don’t know right from wrong: it does mean that their ability to be experience empahy or a real sense of consequence is not as it will be when they hit 25.

So don’t excuse them: if someone is able to make statements like that, they know robbing and causing harm IS wrong.

18. I can guarantee if said judge had had someone’s in his/her life robbed and scarred in this manner, the penalty would be stiffer than if not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lets hope that the Judge gives a sentence which is considered reasonable by the victims who will be suffering the effects of this crime, long after the Acid Throwing Thieving Git has been to jail or grown a frontal lobe...

20. Insightful, as always.
    When is sentencing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information