1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advanced Rider Course

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Jul 15, 2021.

1. I understand IAM RS is currently “consulting” to do away with the Local Observer and only have one level, National Observer. As an aside, all of the associates who do their ARC through our club, are assessed by IMI accredited examiners, if they choose to do the “test”. The associates who follow the (relatively new) Portfolio route to advanced level, are mentored by National Observers and at least one of the qualifying assessed rides, is done by a club senior training team member. Andy

2. RoSPA don’t have local group examiners. In our area I know at least three examiners, none are members of our Roadar group. The group has tutors only

3. If exams had been taking place with an LO there was something very wrong. All exams should have always been with an IAM Examiner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I think the confusion here is over how a group internally approves new Observers. Where local group Observers could/can be approved by a Senior level observer in the local group.

They will have already gone through the regular members IAM exam with an external examiner.

(I'm not IAM, but RoSPA and they have a similar local group tutor, Advanced tutor (tested by HQ examiner), Diploma Holder (full approved DSA post test tutor, externally examined))

5. Quite often a Rospa examiner is also an IAM examiner too, mostly ex Police riders.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Nothing wrong with a National or Local Observer who has passed the Assessor criteria awarding LO status.

7. Didn't say there was. :confused:

Was clearing up what seemed to be an earlier misunderstanding between taking IAM test and internal group tutor assessments and pointing out that RoSPA works the same.

8. Update...just completed my first weekend of shifts for LEBBS (Lincolnshire emergency blood bikes), felt quite daunted before my first call out but soon got the hang of things and ended up doing 6 runs and over 320 miles in total,for anyone thinking of doing it ,go for it - fantastic sense of purpose, the only downside was a sore arse from the plank like seat on the sluggish NC750 i was riding ,but i can live with that.:upyeah:

20220626_151329.jpg

#148 yellowducmaniac, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  9. Truly wonderful thing you are doing :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I found after the fear of cocking it up, it was a wonderful feeling getting that first run done, I did it for nearly 12 years before hanging up my blood bike riding boots. I’m still involved but from a background position.

Ride safe and keep up the great work.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information