1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advantages Of The Pandemic

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Nov 3, 2020.

1. look at this:https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08wykw7

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neither of them were up to the job. I didn’t vote for either. British politics is rolling around in a cesspit of its own making.

3. Same as tonight in the US......o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. aye. then i look at the polling and think, hmm, this guy has his uses...
    :p

5. positives Viv, I like it, simple and stated many times, but it's still the best way forward accompanied by lots of laughter if possible. :sun::sun::sun:

6. it's telling us all something isn't it.. time to change, but what and how. :thinkingface:

7. Flights to the USA by BA & Virgin for example have never stopped throughout this covid pandemic, BA have always been doing multiple daily flights to most of the major american cities, as has Virgin. They may well have cut down a little, but they never stopped & I am certain they have not helped the covid situation.
    Private charter companies have never been so busy either, obviously the rich have not let the covid pandemic cramp their style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Knowing Boris is a useless waste of space does not mean I or anyone else think Corbyn would have done any better, although not putting three word buzz phrases up as policy suggest he might have had a better handle on things not being as simple as BoJo claimed.
    Also
    Not being as bad as your opinion of something that didn't happen is not a particulalry high bar to aspire to

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks for the vote of confidence chief.;)

10. Yeah,for bringing out a tray full of tea for the hack reporters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes agreed and it's got very ugly since 2016,that was a major turning point.

12. Like every significant change in life, it depends how it personally affects you doesn’t it? Nature, serenity & all of the other things that many have mentioned can he seen as a “bonus” but in no way makes up for the loneliness of many and the devastation of the care home issue and in depriving us, whatever our circumstances of basic liberties that we value above anything else. Terrible times, I find very little to be thankful for I’m afraid. Love to all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Nice weather and empty roads in March and April made commuting on the bike a pleasure.
    Empty roads also reduced HGV journey times by up to 20%!
    Changed my car 2 years earlier than expected as I have spent nothing on holidays this year.
    Only managed to use 2 days of this years holiday entitlement so far, so looking forward to lots of time off next year.

14. Vote early vote often :cool:

15. Maxed out on Euro track days. Almost one every month. Flight cancellations were a bit of a hazard. Empty airports, half empty planes and some great weather. Already got six booked for next year.

16. I do believe but not totally sure that i've only ever voted twice in my life and of course the brexit one on top.

17. Fucking is in Scotland. Ask me how I know... :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Puff. You need some germ exposure...

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Perfect:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Business is booming, everyone who has realised that holidays abroad are now a fantasy for the foreseeable is spending their hard earned on new kitchens and bathrooms, we’re an engineered surfaces business (worktops & shower panels) demand is outstripping supply and bear in mind we make 60,000 worktops / week!! :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information