1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Bikers. Where Are They Going And What Do They Want?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by JoeC, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MACKEM! :mad: :punch:

And I'm on my holidays, I'm not spending time washing togs, you backward smog monster! :cool:

2. Tel & DB on holiday? :yum

nintchdbpict000317871581.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. That cheered my day right up.....

Agree with all of that. I always imagine theyre photgraphers and thats why they need the three metal suitcases, or maybe they have a small bomb on board....

• Like Like x 1
  4. "They wanna be free. They wanna be free to do what they wanna do, and they wanna get dressed up in weird clothing and ride overloaded machines all the time. That's what they're gonna do, that's how they have have a good time, they add extra panniers, fill them up with stuff and ride around the mountains!"

#24 Jez900ie, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. i live next to a beck, which has a ford just next to our house. These 'adventure types' take a detour off the main road, just to ride through the ford.
    What I want to know is, how fucking weird must you be, to WANT to wet your bike? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sounds idyllic :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ahhhhh, living the dream. :motorcycleduc: :heart_eyes: :motorcycleduc:

8. Gs gets ridden like the campsite will melt if we're not quick enough. If we're holding you up on the road then I apologise sincerely. :D

9. They wear those textile suits in case they turn left into a Waitrose car park but suddenly find themselves in the middle of the Gobi desert.

10. they’re gonna turn this wo-orld “upside down”

• Like Like x 1
  11. I live next to a Paula and she has a Peugeot:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. There's a wannabe globe trotter in the village were I live his GS is permanently loaded up with all the gear to go around the world the furthest he venture's is Matlock he's even took to spraying his bike with fake mud
    What a knob

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I don't mind the hordes of GS tossers around my area, although I do wonder if any of them have anything in the full pannier kit they carry. I've had my enduro with the full pannier kit on a few times for bits-n-bobs. Most times I elect if needed to go with a full soft-pannier outfit for camping weekends. The ukgser crowd seem to think if you own the other accessories that they must be fitted at all times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I had a GS for 3 or 4 years and loved it. I commuted in and out of central London and did several European trips. It was a very capable bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have noticed that these bikes are allowed to filter with everyone giving them a wide berth

16. Love my GS, tank like, would probably write off a car if it got in the way when filtering!

Probably also the only GS rider around here with kneesliders and leathers when riding....though I now have a Goretex jacket that zips to the troosers for ...'adventures'...oh shit....heeeellllppp.......

• Like Like x 1
  17. Other adventure bikes are available..

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 08.50.34.png

• Like Like x 3
  18. Yes. And many a sports bike have they made look foolish..

DSC01186.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. If were talking BMW drivers here im pretty sure theyre under maximum concentration as i was behind one GS rider yesterday who didnt even give "the nod" to another one going the other way...fucking dedication that is...

20. Plenty of the real-deal off-road adventure riders on the AR forum and most of them use soft luggage because they expect to fall off at some point and bike and luggage survive spills better if not rigidly attached.
    But why you'd want to head for your local bike meet with a full set of (presumably empty) aluminium luggage attached just to show everyone you've got it I can't imagine. It's willy-waving for accountants.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information