1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Bikers. Where Are They Going And What Do They Want?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by JoeC, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Got standard GS panniers for touring. Have you seen the width of an GS adventure with Aluminium Panniers mounted on a frame?? Fooking wider than a bus.

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.04.57.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. What did you use to fit the Kriega pack on your multi? Standard straps or something different. Was about to order the pani seat loop set and see if that will screw into the underside of the seat

3. Cook me you lot of haters must be perfect. Let's have a dig at the power rangers in their £1000 leathers who never go on track. Learners on their little putt putts getting in the way. And don't get me started on caravans and tractor/trailers going for miles at 35 mph. Bastards, all on my roads!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Horses for courses is what I say. Most GS owners are a breed unto themselves thinking there superior to others. Bit having test rode one it's a good bike.
    I have just acquired a Mulitstarda 1260s in addition to my 1299s Panigale.
    Both bikes are brilliant at what they are designed for. What's good about the Mulitstrada is that you don't feel you are sacrificing much riding this style of bike. Whereas my Super Tenere was like riding a carthorse. Race days track days and blasts down to the coast at the weekend sports bike all day long. Going on a trip over 300 miles then the Multistrada is more suited especially with the ability to take what you want with you.
    I also cycle up to the London and agree with most that 95% of cyclists are complete tossers.

5. Absolutely. Glad you reminded us. Feck all that lot as well. (Actually, squeaky leather weekend warriors genuinely are the worst of the lot. They're dangerous).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Bought the Pani kit for my MV Turismo, worked well with my US10 and 20. Have removed it in anticipation of it working similarly well with the 1260 I'm collecting at the beginning of September.

Appears that some sports bike rides are elitist knobs :rolleyes:o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'll stick with my Multistrada with a tail pack and tank bag I don't camp so don't to carry all that associated crap if can't get it in my luggage I'll take the motorhome

8. The Kriega kit fastens with the straps supplied, just lift the seat off and pass them under. Very secure and also handy for waterproof trousers etc on long ride days without luggage.
    It is funny the stereo types for different bikes. I cannot be the only one that has owned sports and adventure at the same time. A good adventure bike is much more versatile, and properly set up still quick for road use. Trackdays, obviously the domain of sportsbikes.

Odd thing about 'the nod' a fair few sport bike riders do not nod back when I am on the GS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'll wave with my foot, side-nod, flick the fog-lights on (tossers usually have them on all the time). And still only get a certain percentage of responses from GS-riders,...but it doesn't put me off the camaraderie of the road.

• Like Like x 1
  10. upload_2018-8-20_13-55-11.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Q - Where are we going ?
    A - Anywhere and Everywhere (on this planet at least)

Q - What do we want ?
    A - The ability to tour without spending most of the journey filling up in petrol stations, or worrying about whether we will make it to the next garage.

On the way to WDW 16 we did Rotterdam to Garmisch (550 miles) with just a couple of stops on my Enduro. I guess you would need 4 or 5 stops on most sportsbikes.

I spent my younger life touring on sports bikes including South of France, and one long day from Bradford to Galway via Stranraer (500 miles) on a 748, so I know what it takes and my knees and wrists cannot do that any more. ;-)

The problem on the NC 500 is not adventure bikes, or cyclists, but camper vans ... but even then it is worth it for moments like this .......

IMG_1566.JPG

Chris

• Like Like x 3
  12. Q - Where are we going ?
    A - Anywhere and Everywhere (on this planet at least)

Q - What do we want ?
    A - The ability to tour without spending most of the journey filling up in petrol stations, or worrying about whether we will make it to the next garage.

On the way to WDW 16 we did Rotterdam to Garmisch (550 miles) with just a couple of stops on my Enduro. I guess you would need 4 or 5 stops on most sportsbikes.

I spent my younger life touring on sports bikes including South of France, and one long day from Bradford to Galway via Stranraer (500 miles) on a 748, so I know what it takes and my knees and wrists cannot do that any more. ;-)

The problem on the NC 500 is not adventure bikes, or cyclists, but camper vans ... but even then it is worth it for moments like this .......

View attachment 127496

Chris

13. Amen..

14. You know it was a 'toungue in cheek' post right?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh very good, and yes, but I thought it wouldn't harm to have a little dig at those with tiny tanks .......................

16. Amen to the Amen.

17. I always fit the panniers for me weekly Tesco trip, one day I’ll even get round all the way around North Peculiar to the Ace, perhaps one of them HUB events. You know I’ve even seen Long Way Down !!

But I’ll never be a proper Tosser as I haven’t got the blue n grey Twat suit and a peak, but I do have a flip top and Mr Rukka.

Thinking of getting meself a Polite best to round off the look and be a wanna be traffic cop... oh hold on, I’ve been one of them doh!

Here’s me, yeah I know, style icon eh!l I must have taken a wrong ‘un at the gyratory!

66FA4AC6-9C42-4FAA-941F-F5DEAA536AF5.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Yes a flip top fluro lid and a police type vest. ... Much less twat like that ;):D

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information