1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Suit Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by JAT, Sep 14, 2019.

1. The Oxford Mondial laminate suit is exceptional value for money. I bought the jacket earlier in the year, removed the armour and wear it with the Knox Urbane Pro jacket underneath. I then have another jacket for when the temps get hot.

Its comfortable, dry and decent quality. I suspect if you wanted to ride in a British winter, it might be a bit too lightweight but otherwise i think its worth the money.

I would add that since i bought this, i have rarely worn my leather jacket on the road. This is far more comfortable.

2. It certainly seems an impressive product at a very decent price Duke.
    I had a gander at the Halvarssons Walkyr jacket and Wish trousers today, top quality and I could have them for £800. Nigh on double the price of the Oxford jacket and pants which are next on my list to try out as a direct comparison.
    We shall see.
    Thanks everyone for your input,much appreciated.

3. RST Adventure is about your cheapest good one (new laminate model due any time). Great value for money. Oxford Mondial more of the same.

But where do / will you ride? Many suits are a bit hot. I’ve ended up with a Dainese D-Explorer. Pretty good but I don’t bother with the drop in liner. I have the thermal jacket from a Dainese Sandstorm and a rev-it / Ducati two-piece oversuit. It’s bob on. Reason I love the D-Explorer is that it is vented to an extreme and in 30c heat or more it feels like you’re wearing not very much but are well protected.

4. I have the Oxford mondial suit. Got it on a special deal a few months ago from www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk

Excellent value, and it works (so far) both in cold and wet weather. :upyeah:

5. i got the Siima Sibirsky full suit (gloves, jacket and pants).
    I was a bit hesitant at the beginning but i was pleasantly surprised when i saw the suit.

Very unique design for all seasons. The gave me around 100 euros discount if i remember correct. I paid something like 530 euros for the whole suit delivery included.

6. My mate not impressed with Halvarssons kit especially the jacket and I’m not impressed with their gloves, they leak.

7. Try Dane. Mid price range. Good tailored fit. Bonded Gore-tex equivalent (not drop-liner). Been using it for a few years without complaint.

8. Go to the bike show, they always have good bargains and you can haggle.

Whatever you buy it's got to be Gortex...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. That’s interesting, I was thinking about getting the Halvarsson gloves but decided to go with the Dainese Universe Goretex which are superb.
    I have also picked up a set of Dainese D Cyclone Goretex Laminated jacket and trousers. Second hand, as new off eBay £320!! They were £350 but eBay gave me a voucher which was nice of them.
    Thanks for all your advice chaps.

10. Last seasons Rukka jacket, yes I know that is not a suit, but wait...
    Rukka, goretex shell jacket, with removable liner. Covers from winter, to 30 plus in Spain with liner out and vent zips open. Completely waterproof, including the inner pockets for passport etc.
    Cost 650.
    Zip any pair of existing comfortable bike trousers and take a 20 pound pair of over trousers.
    70 over budget. Not what you asked for, but after LOTs of money spent on bike gear, including supposedly water proof Halverssons, go Rukka!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Btw, it absolutely must be a waterproof shell. Drop liners are a waste of space, cause heat regulation problems and the outer just ends up soaked through. Pointless imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. I popped down to Motolegends and the Rukka gear is of the highest quality as is the Stadler which has a 10 year warranty!!
    I’ll see how my recently acquired Dainese kit copes with Scotland and if it disappoints Rukka or Stadler will be at the top of the list.
    I’ve been caught in some horrendous downpours recently but the Dainese has been totally waterproof.....so far!!! Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  13. This. They always have Rukka stuff within your budget.

The Stadler stuff that Motolegends sell isn't the best of the Stadler range (and is a bit disappointing compared to their best) no matter how many times they claim it to be 'the best for the UK climate'.

14. Rukka comes with 5years warranty & if you fill in the online form covers 6-years.

15. I ride year round in all weathers except snow/ice and I’ve tried most gear and combinations thereof. I’ve found that the saying “Pay cheap - pay twice” is very true when it comes to winter bike gear.

You simply can’t beat Rukka. Everything else either leaks, makes you sweat like a sumo wrestler or doesn't keep you warm. Often all 3.

You’ll be able to grab a secondhand jacket and trouser combo on fleabay for £600 ish.

Also, if you’re “nesh” like me, you could add a rechargeable heated undervest thingy to keep you toasty.

#36 Zhed46, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  16. You simply can. It's called Stadler.

17. Perhaps. But there are no second hand Stadler winter jackets or men’s winter trousers on eBay uk. I also imagine that in the event of something needing to be repaired, it would be a fair bit easier to organise a repair to a Rukka garment because their dealer network is a lot more extensive

18. Stadler stuff doesn't need repairing until it's well past Rukka's warranty end.

19. It's good to read about stradler & here is an english link.

The kit comes with 10-year warranty which is very good!

#40 GunZenBomZ, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information