1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Suit Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by JAT, Sep 14, 2019.

1. I believe they are called tossers

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GS riders in particular and to a lesser extent adventure bike riders generally are just a bit up themselves. I’ve given up nodding at them after getting sick of being blanked all the time. :triumph:

#62 Zhed46, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I knew I should have waited for the Streetfighter...
    I shall keep nodding to everyone but I will ignore GS riders, the bastards!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Get a Goldwing. They don't nod to other bikers from what I recall from road riding. Are they still miserable bastards?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You’d be miserable if you had to ride one of those.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Goldwings are awesome!

Someone offered me a Valkyrie (big shiny cruiser with a GW engine) as a PX for my 911 yesterday and I must say I was tempted for a moment and even started watching reviews on YouTube. Tbh if it had been a GW I probably would have taken it off him but I just don’t think I’d suit the leather chaps and handlebar moustache one would definitely need to sport when riding the cruiser version.

DE94C174-9773-432D-9296-D2BD8945256C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm a tosser also.. but do find people don't give you the nod. Quite funny really!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don’t know Zhed I think you’d suit the chaps......very Freddie Mercury.
    I shouldn’t mock Goldwings as I never thought the day would come when I owned a GS... never say never.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Funny you say that because when I was in my 20s people used to say I looked like a cross between Freddie Mercury and Prince :joy:

I’m defo saying “never” to a GS though. Too tall, too ugly and they make a horrible noise!

10. My wife has suggested something more comfortable along the lines of a Goldwing or ElectraGlide, I can only think blasting the radio at full pelt with Bohemian Rhapsody in a traffic jam would make for any joy.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’d wave, but when I’m on my GS. The Pani would swerve into a hedge before my hand got less than an inch off the bar; therefore stopping me waving!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Try a Moto Guzzi Norge or Breva 1100/1200 for comfort and huge fun. Like riding an armchair but yet still enormously entertaining and capable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The Valkyrie reviews were very good and it even came 1st in Men and Motors’ top ten cruisers.

Oh god. I’m going to buy it aren’t I? This always happens. Just look at what has transpired after your jokey suggestion that I have your bike? :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The end is nigh Zhed....you’ll be looking at Harleys next!!!

15. Is that you , 10 seconds in ? On the left and smoking a cigarette ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. That is you Zhed!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Then you'll Ned some extra comfort trousers, those with elasticated waist band ;)

TB

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. He has all the moves on the dance floor, I see Strictly calling for next year`s shows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. :joy:

I used to frequent a club in Croydon called the Blue Oyster in my 20s actually, and I distinctly remember having a pair of white trousers and white shoes ruined by somebody spilling the venue’s signature cocktail all over them.

Freddy Mercury + Prince + Miami Vice + living in Croydon made me a very fast runner indeed. :astonished::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. I'm a nodder, but I've noticed far fewer people nod back when I'm on my Multi than they did when I had my Supersport.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information