1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adverts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nothingbettertodo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Bloody TV adverts.

I quite enjoy watching a game of footy on tv but why oh why do they have to put on such low-life adverts in the middle of the game. Ray Winston advertising Bet365.com really is the lowest of low brow. Is this what the masses are supposed to aspire to?

And another thing. THE ADVERTS DO GET LOUDER NO MATTER WHAT THE POWERS THAT BE SAY.
    Think I'll go over to the Beeb and watch Dad's Army!

2. In advertising speak it's called know your demographic. Football is generally perceived to be watched/participated by morons, ipso facto.

I remember watching a boxing match some 4-5 years ago where after every round they broke for a commercial break, and what was being advertised? An sas type shoot em up X-station game.

It's no coincidence you see washing powder whilst watching Coronation Street etc. Not that I do of course, more of an x-factor fan me, hmmm, yeah, nice. :biggrin:

Drives me mad too

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sky plus. It's the future :upyeah:

4. It was yesterday.....

5. It's the only way! Even the shyte that Mrs CJ watches is improved without adverts!

6. Tivo rocks!

Occasionally we make the mistake of watching something live rather than previously Tivo'd and the adverts are getting worse, the breaks more frequent and longer.

I particularly resent being subject to so many adverts on paid for cable channels.

• Like Like x 1
  7. :upyeah:

8. And what's the difference?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information