1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adverts!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by AirCon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Big advert thing just happened again a few minutes ago.

2. They disappear if you are a subscriber. Which you're not, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great! Ransomware.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ransom? Hardly.

If you don't want to support a forum that YOU use on a regular basis by paying £5 for a years subscription (that's 9.6p per week! or to put it another way 1.37p per day!) then that is entirely up to you. You don't have to pay it.

However if you'd like to support the forum that'd be great and as a bonus you don't get adverts.

Hope that helps! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ..........More adverts than my local cinema;)

6. Just trying to get the balance right... Apologies if there's too many. I've moved to a new ad company who do things a little different.

What this does mean though is that I can save some revenue funds to help migrate this site to the updated version... It's going to be a lot of work.

PS - A fiver will remove all ads for a year :upyeah:

Thanks,
    Rob.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. For me it's not the amount of ads, it's the length of time the pages take to load now because of the ads, it's a real PIA.

8. I let my subscription laps and renewed this morning, bloody hell what a difference, you guys who subscribe have no idea how shit the sits is with the ads, worse still is I could not use the site on my phone at all for the last week as it kept freezing with the amount of crap it was trying to load, all good again now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Non subscribers, download Duckduckgo or a similar Web browser. Don't use Goggle.

10. And the old smileys back maybe :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Become a member ye tight wad....

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Are you one of these people who refuse to pay the TV license as they don't watch the BBC?

13. Can we get away with that now :thinkingface:

14. No Scots jailed for dodging licence fee as calls for scrapping criminal penalties grow louder
    No Scots were jailed for the offence in more than five years due to legal reforms, while thousands from England and Wales are punished
    Only 32 people in Scotland were prosecuted through the courts, eight unsuccessfully.
    In England and Wales there were 185,580 prosecutions.

Just another example of them not paying their way :astonished: :poop: :eyes:
    Us Southern conservatives paying for everyone....
    Here @finm do you want my Netflix log on and password?

15. there's some interesting stats re money collected and where its spent. but maybe for another day. you may just eat yer words there AC.
    at the last survey it was running at 10% of Scottish households and businesses dont pay as opposed to 6% in england
    BBC news and current affairs. lights, camera, Fiction!

16. Yep, you are agreeing with me.
    Nearly twice as many don't pay in Scotland, but they don't get punished, so I'm surprised it's not 100% don't pay in Scotland.

17. no i'm not agreeing with you. quite the opposite. but i wont derail yer thread.
    unless you insist. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I refuse to pay the licence scam to the BBC, I wouldn't be their greatest fan, I defo don't pay it, wifey does.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information