1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice From Newbie

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mountain Fun, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Hi All, So I’m looking at either the Supersport S or a Panigale 899. I have ridden the supersport not the 899 but sat in one. Obviously I need to ride the 899 but I just wondered what thoughts people had on each...reliability etc. With the 899 it is obviously more aggressive and it is slightly too high but have been told I can reduce the height slightly.
    I love the look of the 899 but I keep thinking supersport is more comfortable and it does fit me better... Any greatly appreciated

2. Welcome into our mad house

Whatever you get please include your bins for the photo shoot we like them it’s a forum law :)

Can’t help with your questions

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Think you need to get yourself over to the newbie section to introduce yourself properly.
    Help will follow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Follow your heart, get the 899 :) or you will regret it :bucktooth:
    Comfort? Meh... :blush:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome. +1 for what Carr said above.
    They’re both good bikes, they’re both as reliable as each other (which is determined by how you look after them), the Pani will be much more focussed, the Supersport a better allrounder, you really need to decide how and when you’ll be using it. Weekend and sunny days only I’d take the Pani, want to do that AND tour Europe I’d take the Supersport.

Just my humble opinion, unlike @Exige who just has an opinion :p. :upyeah:

#5 West Cork Paul, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’m right though, don’t have regrets if you take captain sensibles advice then buy both :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Or you could just buy a Multistrada;)

ps. Exige is ALWAYS right:)

9. I’m a female and I’m 5’5 thus why not sure the Pani and Definately not the Multi will fit me

10. Yes, don’t buy a Multistrada :bucktooth:

11. Don’t be a puffess, get the 899 :scream:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I have Supersport & an 1199 (similar) in my garage.
    One is for looking at, the other for riding. SS gets my :upyeah: :cool:

13. People do seem to love their Supersports...

14. I am 5' 5" and have a V4. One foot down is enough. Do it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Get Both :cool:

pic.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. God I love Ducati’s...they truly are a thing of Art. I don’t know how I’ve got away with it and the other half saying yes to another bike only 6 months after buying a Ninja 650 which does not excite me in the slightest ☹️ So it’s going for the Duc

• Like Like x 1
  17. So actually seeing as you have both, how to you find the Supersport? Is it the S model?

18. That's tall.... or so my wife keeps telling me, she's 5'5" too, and she's always right :). Unlike me.

ps. Capable bikes as they may be I was joking about the Multistrada.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ooooo but you could have heels on your boots :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yes, the SS is the S model. It only has 600 running in miles on it so far so only been able to reach 6k revs or so.
    I bough it without a test ride; just sat on it in the shop with my wife on the pillion seat. We were looking for a bike which would be comfortable enough for her as pillion on day trips & which could carry some luggage. The bike was supplied with the Touring Pack & compared with our other bikes; the pillion comfort is okay.
    The first time I rode it, I didn't like it; it felt a bit odd to me; I have always had more sporty bikes. If I had test rode it, I wouldn't have bought it. The seat felt too low, the foot pegs to far forward & the clipons a bit tall; it also refused to go into neutral at a stand still. 600 miles in, I love it! I got off the Panni at weekend (its really my sons but I keep it at home) & went out on the SS & it totally confirmed I had made the right choice. I also have an 1198s with Helibars & that too is far more comfortable than the Panni for me.
    Neutral is getting easier now & the other big gain is view of the road without having to tip the head back all the while; no more stiff neck! I'm looking forward to opening the throttle a bit more now the service has been done.
    Its not been without issue; the fuel sender is faulty & needs replacing & the rear shock has also been replaced due to the rebound adjuster not working. In fact, its not working on the replacement shock either & will have to go back again!
    The throttle has a bit too much play & it can't be altered (its electronic), so I fitted a spacer kit from the US which has fixed it. I'm also thinking about the comfort seat to gain 25mm in height. So I'm happy with my choice & these issues will be fixed under warranty, but I'm lucky enough to have other bikes available too if I fancy a change. :upyeah::cool:

PS. The Panni is amazing by the way; a genuine work of art; maybe I'm getting a bit old & stiff in places ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information