1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice From Newbie

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mountain Fun, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Or, IN your boots - being a bloke who does not care, they are not for me, but Daytona make a boot with a hidden insole that give you an extra 2.5cm height. If only they made shreddies!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I test rode Super and it also wouldn’t go into N until it was warmed up. I did love the Super and this was the base model. I am a little worried about the reliability and issues but I’m looking at a newish 2nd hand one if I buy it.
    I hope to take pani out this week and see if I can live with the position.

3. Supersport is a road focused sport bike. IE plusher suspension, milder power delivery, better fuel range and most importantly much more comfortable than a 899.
    If you do not intend to do track days, there is not one single advantage in buying a 899 vs. 950 Supersport.
    Maybe the looks, but you won's see too much from the bike whilst riding :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. So I've now managed to calm down having ridden the 899....OMG all my concerns were dispelled in an hour long ride and I won't lie...I was screaming out loud inside my helmet with joy from the acceleration and noise from the exhausts :heart_eyes::blush:.

So after that I then bought one and hopefully will pick it up today.

Thanks to everyone who gave me their input, especially about just 'do it' etc, I found the fit was absolutely fine and not sure why I initially thought it wouldn't fit me...bizarre.

I really liked the SS but the 899 was my dream bike and I found the ride was fine, I actually think being 5'5 helps as the bike just felt like it fitted me from the off.

As soon as I get it I will post piccies on the newbie bit.

Thanks again everyone....I won't lie I'm hyper at the moment and didn't hardly sleep last night....Can't believe I've actually got a Ducati:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::joy:

• Like Like x 7
  5. Awesome, you are going to love it. Congratulations and ride safe. Richard

• Like Like x 2
  6. Told you :yum

• Like Like x 2
  7. I think you made the right choice, if a bike doesn’t tug at your heartstrings buy one that does, I’ve got several bikes including an EX650F, it’s easier to ride than my other Ducati’s and Hondas etc but stays in the garage waiting for rainy days cos it doesn’t hit me emotionally.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea it may not be the most comfortable but I feel so special in it, you can’t beat that feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  9. On it :thinkingface:

10. Oops :blush:...3hr ride back on it and I'm shattered now, so typing not the best:confused:.
    Just reading the manual, the owner had it in his lounge and literally new nothing about the bike. it's only done 460 miles since new:upyeah::). Didn't realise it has an immobiliser and trying to read about the modes...:dizzy::confounded: too tired that's for tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. I see you are from Dorset,
    might see you in West Bay if that is somewhere you ride to .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Or Lyme Regis?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information