1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice On Potential Pantah Purchase

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by oldandslow, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    I have located a 600sl in superb condition in the UK. It is currently set up as a race bike but comes complete with all the original parts (spare seat unit, side panels, clip ons, speedo, lights etc.) Engine has recently been rebuilt and everything looks spot on. What would I expect to pay for this? Many thanks! (I have been looking for a Pantah since I stupidly sold two a few years back!

2. I went looking for a Pantah based racer as I understand they are now classic eligible.
    Ended up with this:
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_162b.jpg 8rUq%PzpSuevwXOoiQQWig_thumb_1637.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. In good average condition, 500 or 600 SL Pantahs are £5K to £6K. If the one you mention is as superb as you say, and includes all the standard parts in good condition, you will be lucky to get it under £8K.

1980 bikes become historic and exempt this year which is an advantage; if 1981 or 1982, you would have to wait for historic status.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've located two possible purchases. One is my old 500 that I sold in 2013 that needs sympathetic restoration and the other is a 600 that is in amazing condition and set up as a road legal race bike (as mentioned in my 1st post). Happy days!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information