1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on repairing Vinyl seat

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Shadow

I got exactly what I was after from Fabricland in Brighton yesterday, about a 1/4 sq/meter of black vinyl for the grand total of £1.10p. Result, thanks for the tip.

2. John, don't know if this will help or not but I have seen the use of a thick pair of stockings over the foam if it has gone a bit crumbly to help hold it together. Then the vinyl on top of that. I re-vinyled a car roof (nice 1972 Hillman Avenger) and the coachwork company I got the vinyl and glue from in Hailsham, can't remember their name, advised doing it in ambient weather as the vinyl shrinks / grows a fair bit and would tear in cold weather if stretched too far. HTH

3. Top tip Nick, it's been a while since I had my hands on a pair of stockings, sad but true!

Fortunately my foam is in reasonable condition. I shall keep an eye on the temperature though.

1972 Hillman Avenger eh, we should start a thread on the most embarrassing cars we have ever owned, mine was an Austin Allegro Vanden Plas, I called it my little Jag' as it had fold down Mahogany veneer drinks trays on the rear of the seats lol!

4. Now where both driving Micra's -Where did it all go wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  5. At least the one I was in was just the gf's.......

6. I had two of the buggers: a lovely '77 model turd brown one as my first car in 1989 and a blue one, bothe cost less than £50 each as in need of a bot of tlc.

Grandad had an allegro - the colours used to be bloody awful, and included that 'fresh cowpat' green!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information