1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please - Bandit 650 To Supersport - What A Contrast!

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Mellie, May 4, 2019.

1. Local. I’m taking it in tomorrow. Will advise. I fear it’s an “they all do it”-lots on this and other forums report similar difficulty.

2. Its true, every new SS I know of reports this. :upyeah:

3. But don't all do it. Mine doesn't.
    When new neutral finding was a bit tricky but after a few hundred miles it has been no problem at all except for the first minute or so from cold. When cold the clutch does have a tendency to grab, like the self-servo mechanism operating too quickly, but this too disappears after a minute or so. I found that the best way to prevent it grabbing from cold is to select 1st then give the throttle a couple of blips before releasing the clutch.
    So the grabbiness and clutch drag are related to oil drag in plates. As the oil warms up the drag lessens. Different brands of oil may affect it too. I keep the free play in the cable to minimum, approx 1-2mm.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I’d left home by the time this popped up, so I didn’t pick it up until today :-(
    J&L Carlisle adjusted the gearchange lever down by a spline or so, it *may* be a little better, but I now have to get used to a new position, and keep catching neutrals :-((
    I’ll post this off to them.
    Off to Dumnadrochit at the weekend, so let’s see what a few more hundred miles does.

5. I can't manage the Drum' event this year :( Have fun.

6. Yup. I'm trying to be super careful not to whack it but I still seem to be catching it.

7. What are you catching it on?

8. What are you catching it on?

9. Foot/leg???

10. I find the seat clicks in ok if you apply pressure to the seat pad just in front of the seat cowl, if you push down on the cowl, it wont click in
    Enjoy your new bike

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Thanks very much, I'll try it at the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information