1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After Doing This, I Made This....

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Noods, Mar 9, 2018.

1. After doing this with a hand held grinder fitted with a 1 mm thick cutting disc which was by the way fitted with its guard....

BE64990F-CD8D-4322-B3BE-D3DD6842CD84.jpeg
    Yep!... another hospital visit.. it bounced off the bone..

I built this while I still have enough working fingers to do so.. or should that be did so ? ...

There’s another version in drawing form now, which, fingers pending, will be built soon..

Fingers crossed...

X

2. Good to hear you still have fingers to cross :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I can on this occasion, top that noods ....
    DSC03065.JPG

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. Wooo... how did u do that... Great white? Bengal Tiger? Tortoise tripping on Pure smarties? X

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. " it bounced off the bone.." Ouch!
    Noods you need to take better care of your hands - you're going to need them to hold you onto the 999R!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. I wish it was something manly and brave...flu liner...my " handy work " if can call it that is the middle bit which the surgeons call a full house when you cut through everything....the rest is what they had to do to reconnect it all...

7. Oooouch noodle doodle o_O

8. Bloody hell...that looks horrendous!....do you have full function in your hand?

9. The Samaritans can be very useful in times of need.

10. Yeah...looks like it doesn't it....in the middle of decorating the front room 10 years ago...only noticed the blood sprayed on the ceiling 2 weeks later..

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Motor skills yeah...9 months of physio on the hour every hour...even if you wake up in the middle of the night for a piss....do half hour of physio...scar tissue is the same material as tendon material and is all around it so you have to keep it moving as much as possible....nerve wise...no...thumb and first 2 fingers I'd say 30% feeling...last 2 fingers about 70%

12. That's it now...
    15206861239821205063592.jpg
    I'm left handed primarily so my clumsy hand is just a bit more clumsy...

13. Sorry noods..stole your thunder....everyone likes gratuitous pics...not looked at them for years...

14. As Cleese would say as per the Holy Grail... A mere flesh wound hon...

Maybe not the hon bit though, Hon... x

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wow! That’s amazing...

16. Been there done that, many times.... x

17. No be my guest mte, I’m doing a few jobs at mobso I will likely top that later anyway... yesterday, thick gloves on full face guard too was grinding steel outside and thought blimey this weather is on the up I’m starting to get hot.. then I noticed smoke rising in front of my visor... yep I was on fire! The sparks had set alight my hoodie... x

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Blimey Buddy!!!!....something like that would put an end to my detailing!...I wish you all the very best and hope the recovery improves with time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Meh....wish I had the time to use my mirror box....a simple device essentially rewires your nerves to you brain...

20. I know a guy who was using a hand held 9" grinder with a cutting disc, when the disc exploded, he didn't feel anything except his crotch was wet?? He had a look ,and the exploding disc had cut one of his balls out of his sack, when he woke up he drove himself to hospital. He got more than 20 stitches and instructions not to get "excited". BTW he was all still intact and in good working order when healed.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information