1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 After Market Exhaust Options.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 5, 2018.

1. The V4R will probably come with bog stock euro4 heavy lump and nowt else. So you can bang another £4K on from the off.

I went Termignoni Uscite. It’s noisy. And yeah, I’m pretty much restricted to Donington noisy days regarding the UK. I have baffles but it’s mapped without baffles.

My 1098R has a 70mm Termignoni system and is ok for Croft so <102db I think.

2. Was at the nec show yesterday and asked about a v4 exhaust at the racefit stand, mentioned some of the points raised in this thread, and the somewhat poor selection and quite frankly gopping aesthetics of some on offer.. and however keen they were to make something they were of the opinion there wouldn’t be enough interest to make one..
    So gents, if you find yourself at the nec show, please do head over to the racefit stand and ask about an exhaust..

3. Did u ever get the fuelling checked with the Termi map & pipe? Just interested to see the AFR curve, not power

4. No mate, but it runs sweet as a nut and it's incredibly fast! Throttle pick up is seamless, no complaints at all.

I'd imagine Moto Rapido will be the first to crack the multi ECU enigma and offer custom fuel mapping. I'm watching that space. Like you, I'm interested in seeing some data.

5. Good, gotta say it does sound really good in any of the sound clips I heard, I’d imagine it’s better hearing it for real!

Looks like Brentuning are on top of the flash side of things & as you’ll know the T800 is there too.
    I have gutted some STD cans & they made 6HP on the dyno so if something comes out that can be mapped I’ll try those to do some expirementing, the dyno operator said I can prob expect another 5HP from correct fuelling but currently it’s too lean down low & im not for risking an engine burning out. I have already contacted Moto Rapido about custom mapping, one employee laughed at me for gutting the cans & said back then they hadn’t looked at a V4 yet. The next guy I asked reminded me of the conversation with his colleague so they must have been having a right chat/laugh about it, questioned why I didn’t believe them (when I got no info anyway), so, hopefully I’ll be able to use someone other than them, actually I’d burn the bike first.
    FM now map for their GP style system, but the ECU needs sent to them

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Cheers Steve. We'll keep an ear to the ground and post accordingly :):upyeah:

7. I wouldn’t buy anything which still had cats or left the silencers where they are. I would want to get as much heat away from the shock as possible

8. Saw this at the NEC Monday. Apparently 7 bhp gain with no up-map required.

IMG_9207.JPG IMG_9208.JPG IMG_9209.JPG IMG_9210.JPG

Not my cup of tea, but another option none the less.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks quite smart. But I steel feel pretty relaxed about opting for the Termignoni Uscite. Again, not everyone's cup of tea but it sounds amazing and my botty dyno confirms significant HP/Torque gains (with UpMap). Love it!

10. It'll be interesting to see what the racebike uses. The prototype at BH won't necessarily be the final spec. The twin started off underslung before going wheelbarrow.. If V4's in MotoGP are anything to go by then possibly the Termi system Mary Hinge has might be similar to what performs best on the dyno/Track... I think it looks good in that it looks "designed" for performance and not looks alone... Purposeful..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. This one by Vandemon, has been under the radar for a while now.

46488308_2169562769977141_4411395591582515200_o.jpg

46514466_2169562746643810_7797415784749203456_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Like a lot of after market stuff, it looks a bit Akrapovic based. Not a bad thing just not my choice. Have you settled on a system yet?

13. Yes MH. Whilst I was leaning heavily towards the Termi full system, I have now seen three systems up close and personal and purely from a personal point of view there are a few niggling details I am not happy about. Not specifically the design, just the quality and fit of certain elements, such as but not limited to, the bellypan join lines, welds and alignment and overall level of finish. In the end I was offered a killer deal on a new full Akra system that was frankly just too good to turn down.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Christ, I'd hate to fit a bathroom or similar for you :laughing:

15. I like the 4 uscite system and from what I have heard next to a running bike, it sounds a lot gruntier than the Akra system. I am just a fussy barsteward.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fair do's. It does sound sensational (termi uscite, no baffle), but maybe not a view shared by the police or track day scrutineering. Apparently the Termi wins on the dyno too (pub ammo only, I know) but I knew it would. It's more free breathing. The Akra system has been designed in cahoots with Ducati/Audi so it's bound to be a bit more stingy with power liberation.

17. Got fed up and just painted mine

IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0077.JPG IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Looks much better in black. Nice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. What tail tidy is that ?

20. Snap - ceramic coat :upyeah::D

7E72F272-05DA-4AD2-8742-6E9C06C68251.jpeg

• Like Like x 3