1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 After Market Exhaust Options.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Whilst I don't agree with Ducatis strategy purely from a customer point of view, I dare say this above is more than likely accurate and part of their thinking.

Considering the regular and recent talks about VAG wanting to offload them, Being so concerned about stock value at the stage of a brand new 'ground breaking' bike launch might be just to make them more appealing to a new buyer.

Appreciate it all sounds very tin hat, but it stacks up to me

2. Eh? Like not getting a decent system on my track toy? Like what?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm hearing a lot about the bigger the company is the tougher they are finding things. We have seen a number of large companies fail in the UK in the last few months, i suspect they wont be the last.

I was in Italy a couple of weeks ago and i was told there is a drive there to head back to the local and independent supplier in many of their industries. I think the world is starting to turn full circle.

4. Hmmmm, more pondering whilst in the bath..... I've heard that the new V4 is electronically governed to adhere to the running in period. My question is:- Is this true? I know the beemers have it, but they're German and this kind of thing is expected from hyper efficient Germans. If this is true I'll view this as a proper pain in the arse.... 1600 miles! I'll die of boredom! My usual running in period is from the dealers to 'out of earshot'.
    So my second question is:- If we fit the new race system, be it Akrapovic or Termignoni, does the new ECU/upmap overwrite this sensible nonsense? Leaving the option for a dyno run in?

• Like Like x 1
  5. There is a light around the periphery of the speedo display that changes colour as you get near the rev limit. For the first 600 miles this light changes to orange earlier in the rev band. To my knowledge there is nothing else. Our demo bike was run in on the dyno and no mention was made of any restrictions. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. There is a Fast Bikes(i think?) dyno video of the V4 suggesting that the power is electronically restricted in some gears.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. As a long-standing termi customer (I even have on one my BMW as it genuinely beats the competition), I revisited the site just to see what was going on with 4U. Not planning on one but just benefit of doubt you know....

[​IMG]

:confused: Not my cup of tea

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I thought the first photos in the initial press release were hideous... However, I think it's been tidied up somewhat. I didn't like the look of the Akrapovic at first either- and I still don't, it hasn't grown on me at all but the Termi Uscite has. I'm also reliably informed the Termi will deliver a fatter torque through the range and a couple more ponies. Basically a better system from a performance view.
    And another point worth noting- No one has received an Akra system yet in the UK (unless you ordered a Speciale). So if you have not placed an order yet on an Akra, Christ knows when you'll get one. I've been quoted a lead time of 3 weeks on the Termi. We'll see.

9. Only problem with the 4U is this version is not road legal either, notwithstanding the fact that the rear silencer obstructs the inner portion of the tail light (brake light sections). Termignoni emailed me and have confirmed they will be producing two other versions, another 2-1 race system and an underbelly road version, which retains the stock header pipes but ditches the entire cat/underbelly section for their own lighter stainless/carbon part.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Nice to know, thanks. My own bike will never see road use whilst I own it. I'm guessing the other 2-1 race version will use Ti headers instead of the stainless headers on the current system. If I was road riding, the underbelly version sounds good to me.

11. Has anyone without a speciale received the Akra exhaust yet?? I’ve had mine on order for a while now. Was told it should have been be here by now but Ducati are moving there distribution centre so they have no idea when it’s going to arrive!!

12. No... None in the UK at the moment. Supposed to be arriving within the next week or two... Good luck. I've just pulled the trigger on the Termignoni Uscite system. My understanding is there is a 2-3 week lead time. We'll see...

13. Make Italy Great Again...........mmmmm good tag line. It could catch on ;)

14. They didn’t say which 2-3 weeks did they?

15. Ha, no. I'm not holding my breath.;)

16. Ducati Dubai installed their first Akra system on their V4S demo bike over the weekend. Looks great in the metal and sounds mean as hell!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Picked up mine on Saturday with the pipe on and put 170 miles on it yesterday. Sounds awesome, loving it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Any Akrapovic systems in the UK yet?? Except for Speciale owners.

19. Looks neat.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information