1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 After Market Exhaust Options.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Nom nom nom.......... this one for me please..........when fuelling is sorted.........now where do we fit the number plate?! lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. I think that might be a tad loud. Looks nice though :):upyeah:

3. Out of interest has there been anyone just doing an end can yet?, don’t really need a full system at £4K!, although have to say that Termi one looks awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spark do a 2/3 system, well that’s what I kinda refer to it as, it keeps the std headers. I really liked it until I realised it made the V4 look like a jap bike, a friend also pointed out the link pipe would be pretty close to your boot. Sounds good though & they’re a well developed system. But the TI version is £2200 + vat, with a SS link pipe it’s £1700 + vat, then you need a bellypan & the fuelling sorted.

Then there’s SC project & FM project, they both do ‘slip ons’ & Akra do 1 as well, £3200 with the ECU flash but you still need bodywork, not cheap for any of it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arrow - the one I'm waiting for

6. I had high hopes for this too, but it's just not for me........

7. I like the lazer etched version. Do you get the revised belly pan with it? That will be so loud. I've got the full Termi system and it's loud! That looks even less sound damping than mine. I'd say their db claims are quite conservative. Earplugs ready....

8. 1 thing you’ll need to do is make sure fuelling is available first before you go to the effort of a pipe change, don’t trust exhaust manufacturers to tell the truth.

I gutted my OE cans & had it on the dyno & it was WAY too lean just where you ride at 15%ish throttle. I’ve removed my can & my friend lent me his until fuelling is available.

It released 5hp & will do more when fuelled correctly. These bikes are set up lean down low & rich up high even as standard

9. Surely the lambda sensors will safeguard against lean fuelling?? And even if they fail the ECU will default to a rich mix.

10. I wouldn’t be hugely qualified to comment correctly but all I can say is they didn’t.
    I believe at low throttle it’s a closed loop system that can only compensate so much, then there’s the emissions air injection leaning it out further, none of these can over ride the ECU which is programmed to be lean, 14.5/1 I think, at certain rpm/throttle position to pass tests.

I’ve also been told that the sensors can’t be ‘programmed out’ of Euro 4 bikes below 15% throttle which will leave flashing the only probable option, ‘piggyback’ units will probably not work & unfortunately on daily riding that’s where your throttle will be

11. I'll have to read up on it. Or perhaps someone here can give experienced input. Is Steve (Wilf) Moore on here? He'll know!

I do believe the V4 ECU is significantly more complex than all that have gone before. Not sure if that's a good thing. It'll certainly take more sussing out regarding custom remaps.

12. I hope he is & sees this, I need fuelling sorted ASAP & in the interest of warranty would prefer a piggyback module, would be great to get someone very knowledgable to give their views.

Brentune are supposed to be working on a flash, but that’s generic unless you go for the mega complicated one, Rexxer are working on it too but there’s a flash company that say they can’t crack the ECU & are leaving it alone, Woolwich I think?

Still no noise from the fuelling ‘module’ corner like powercommander & Rapidbike, apparently Dynojet are having trouble with it but a guy told me Rapidbike are doing something. Thing is he also told me that the o2 sensor voltage is simply intercepted & modified to change fuelling low down, this is true with pre Euro 4 bikes but after that, & on the V4, the sensor voltage cannot be seen or changed apparently

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Interesting article from the Brentuning website about using a fuel module (PC) along with their flash.....
    https://brentuningmoto.com/?news=power-commander-bazazz-how-do-we-use-it-with-brentuning

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Yeah seen that but the seller is away until the end of the month :(

My cans were just made to flow more & they’ll need fuel adjustments so my guess is that these will too, I’d go as far as saying that any exhaust manufacturer that says their can/system doesn’t is lying through their ass

15. This price was from the UK importer

16. Can you post up a picture of the rear silencer from directly behind the bike as so far all the images of customer bikes have the silencer skewed off to the right, ie not aligned with the central longitudinal axis of the bike. Also when you apply the brakes, how much of the inner brake light section of the tail light is obscured by the silencer (video maybe?) as this might not impress plod on the road or be particularly visible to other road users behind you.

17. I will do when I get home later this week. I'm fairly certain the brake light won't be obscured. The only angle it would be obscured from is if your eye level were below the number plate approaching from behind. Not that it's going to bother me as all the lights are coming off next week.

And I think you're right regarding alignment. It does sit a cock hair off central. I hadn't noticed but it was pointed out to me by another chap that knew about it. Not sure if it's adjustable for the OCD among us. It doesn't bother me to be honest and I'd probably never had noticed unless he'd shown me. I've also ordered a monocoque seat unit (including tail section) from FullSix so when I fit that I'll have a crack at the alignment. Might need a couple of washers when I fit the monocoque :laughing:

Looks possible to align from this....

termi.png

#160 Mary Hinge, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information