1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Levers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Android853sp, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Some people don't have the span to comfortably reach the lever, even when adjusted. Oddly I have ASV short levers on my Multistrada but have the stock levers on my 1098R. Andy

2. I had ASV's on my 899 and no problems, when I traded 899 for 1199 I transfered the levers and still worked fine, I have now transfered those same levers to my 1098 streetfighter and again no problems whatsoever. they are the standard length ones :)
    Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Purely aesthetics for me just find the oem ones a bit boring.
    Totally agree on the Chinese lever thing though, must be mental.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've just fitted the ASV"s on my 1198 they work bloody well

5. Ducabike levers, very happy... Fully adjustable in anyway you would want:upyeah::upyeah: Got them on my 1098R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brembo master cylinder looked like shit inside,like something teared it apart. Chinese levers not to blame. Thanks Ducati for the near death experiences!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is both, promising and disturbing at the same time... lol I might just have to change masters some time in the near future.

8. Sooooo... had my cheap set of aftermarket levers installed today and they were absolute rubbish. The lever became uber spongy and increased the lever travel to the extent that it would definitely hit my hand if I had gloves on. Very surprised, as I have used Chinese levers before with success. Either way, my loss, your gain, DON'T buy THESE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. They certainly look the biz.
    Don't see how levers can give you a spongy brake, unless they were very ineptly fitted...

10. I know what you mean, I was quiet surprised as well, but they were fitted by a professional who definitely knows his stuff.

11. I do; the levers are lenghtwise adjustable?>gimmic? this reduces the bending strenght of the beam because the beam section is reduced by half and a longitudinal slip plane is introduced, because only one adjustment bolt is used???
    not for me gimmicky rubbish design.
    you adjust the lever length??
    just buy the lever length that suits you, put it on, use it?
    dont skite about rubbish?
    use CRG with miniature ball bearing cam or Pazzo, Ducati deserves function and quality?
    dont put our workers out of jobs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Can't stomach their prices, so will stick to the originals. Yeah, the ones I bought are adjustable length.

13. Use Brembo radial master cylinders (goodthings) but but free to use any brand slave cylinders but check the pressure area of slave cylinder: larger ones need less lever pressure but may require more lever movement to "clear clutch"

• Like Like x 1
  14. what are the mastercyliders you are thinking of?
    interested what you have found?

15. That's the plan, 19X18 brake 16X18 clutch.

16. a little bit of pivot grease, replace lever and bolt, adjust, its one of the things we are still good at, apart from bleeding which is easy to, undo bleeder when you are holding lever under pressure, and ensure bleed port is above the cylinder, (to get the air out of the work chamber)

17. on some of the ASV levers there is a section impairment where the adjuster wheel is fitted, i think with the high moment at that point they are likely to break of there?
    to strengthen that section; they then look bulky??? see below, once again my opinion?

ASV.PNG

CRG.PNG

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. why?
    interested

19. The brakes went back to normal as soon as I reinstalled the OE lever. No bleed was necessary.

20. Fair enough. Hadn't realised that these levers are not one solid piece.

I have Pazzo copies and they work just fine and are nicely made. So well made that I can't help wondering if they came off the same production line...

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information