1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ageing 900 Ss Owner Attempting The Spanners...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Robert Sloggett, May 17, 2020.

1. was replaced 2 years ago when I had the tank level sensor changed

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Thanks Apatchy, its marked up as a IW031 and a general search against that brings up the same image. Nothing on that website (but thanks for the link for future needs). Ebay have loads at £40 but they are shipped from China and I am not sure if they will have longevity or reliability!
    I cant seem to find and NOS ones either so i might have to go down the self clean or outsourced service route....

3. Nice bike hope you get it sorted
    Welcome to the forum.

4. Thats interesting, if the first picture is the original factory fitted, the ones I have taken out are actually identical to the boxed Fiat ones. £80 is probably a more realistic price...

Appreciated..

• Like Like x 1
  5. they look it, have ordered a pair... will let everyone know....

• Like Like x 3
  6. I once had a Fiat Punto 1.2. The ECU in that was the same than in my 916.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Looking closer is there a bin in the background if it is you just scraped in welcome to the Ducati forum

8. Thanks for everyone who helped sourcing the injectors. They arrived today and as the pictures indicate seem identical to what is on there...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Welcome dude

10. Thanks Harry

11. @Robert Sloggett I know that shape is not to everyone`s taste but I also had a yellow 900ssie from 2000-2010. Quite possibly my favourite bike ever but it just became too uncomfortable as I approached my 50`s . Anything longer than 30 minutes was painful but every time I see a yellow one it makes me reconsider.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I completely get that, whilst not a pure sports bike (I think it was marketed as a sports tourer?) their is quite a bit of tip forward and weight on the wrists especially is you are short in the body and arms like me (Im 5ft 5in). But as you said, its an incredible bike.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 101672239_639499239973652_9207738540580929536_n.jpg
    I was 51 last month(god that sounds weird thinking about it!) and i have a red 900ss ie and absolutely love it, i just clocked over 50,000 miles last month, she took me to italy and back with my son(went to the factory and museum tour) on the back and a rack and massive rucksack on the back, 2,147 miles of no issue riding and she would do it again no problem, a joy to ride over the Alps handles beautifully, IMO one of the best of bologna(Arguably:)) and i find 90 miles and i need to get off for a break!:upyeah:Just found this photo when we where in france on the way down to italy.

#33 WAYNE, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3

14. I loved the curves when viewed from behind. That sounds familiar....

• Like Like x 1
  15. It as the side on view that hooked me. Saw it at the bike show at Birmingham one year and thought thats the one for me....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sounds a great trip......

• Agree Agree x 1

17. I bought a 1000ssie last year in an attempt to go back to the future and while the 1000 engine is a thing of wonder I ended up selling it quite quickly as I have an S2R monster with the same engine and I can ride that in comfort for far longer and it retains the feeling of being a living, breathing creature.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I suspect if I ever traded it in, a Monster would be on the short list.....

19. I put some clipons with a inch rise on them and just had to modify the front fairing stays that the mirrors attatch to, lifted them up about half inch for reservoir clearance .

20. One word "EPIC". Would love to do it again!!:upyeah::)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information