1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Compressor Uses

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by BladeRR8, Sep 30, 2017.

1. I use mine for inflating the kids paddling pools in summer, soon gets them inflated!

Id go for a decent compressor for a start. I made the mistake of getting a small one first, then realising it wasnt man enough for an impact gun so had to buy a bigger one. Another mistake I made was to buy all the air tools separately, then I found halfords did a pack which included a whole load of air tools.

I got my compressor from Machine Mart on one of their VAT free days which gave a good saving.

On the other note, the ABBA bead breaker & balancer kit is great. Ive got one and have used it loads.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That’s the same as mine, used for tyres on cars and bikes, blowing water from bike, undersealing a car sills (not mine) and soon to remove rear wheel on the bike, noisy yes but who cares, not me.

3. Get a belt drive .. they’re quieter

4. Only had it 6 months but it's been faultless at blowing up tyres, blowing air about the place into hard to reach places and fucking off the neighbours in that time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a trolley jack from the same compnay and that's pretty decent tbh.

6. Great info. Do you know what size is need to inflate brand new tyres in to the rim?

I believe it needs a bit of oomph to pop the tyre onto the rim and seal it.

7. I think I usually get it up to 50psi before it goes pop and seals. If you put plenty of the goo around the rim its easy enough. Remember you need to hear 2 pops then you know each bead has sealed. You also pump it up without the valve insides in. But, the ABBA kit comes with all the instructions etc.

So most compressors wont have any problems getting upto that level of psi.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brillant Got some shifting around in the garage to do then its all on order

9. It'd not that big.

10. Need to get the shed up and stuff moved out.

Just moved house and garage is a dumping zone.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information