1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Air Filter Upgrade

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Fastmonkey, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Removed my inlet trumpet foam filter and going in the air tubes. Got the pipercross filters so assume I split the plastic frames and take out the ducati ones and then replace with the pipercross ones ?

Then split the air tubes with the screws.

Is it obvious where they go inside?

Do they fix in anyway or just sit in the tubes ?

Thx. 20201002_101835.jpg

2. If the air tubes are the OEM ones it'll be obvious where they go when you split them, there are plastic guides/holders moulded to the inside that retain the air filter in its frame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yep OEM tubes

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you have the Pipercross MPX038, the coarse mesh faces up, fine mesh down. Use the oem frames.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I fitted these. Filter 6.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Did the attachments for those filters come with the air box or did you as them? TIA

7. They were part of the JHP filter kit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. for the reason of fluss dynamic it's not a good idea put in the airbox something for reduce the volume of it... More is large the volume in the airbox and better performances can you pick... better filters are bmc air filters in the airbox... better solution it's put a support and air filter. simialr to bmc, but less bigger for the reason i have mentionated before...

9. If you measure the actual volume they occupy, you'll find it's almost nothing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information