1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Air Hawk Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nick Collins, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Has anyone used a Air Hawk seat cushion on a Multi? if so what size fits it best, off to Spain at the end of the month and the bike is a pain in the ass (literally!!).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Air hawk Cruiser (medium) Used lots of times, and fits a treat. When I bought mine, the stockist let me offer up all the ‘models’ to the bike, and Cruiser was the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have a Wild Ass air cushion seat which I used once if you want to try it before taking the plunge. It didn’t alleviate the problem I have with my coccyx which is why I no longer use it. Andy

4. yep medium cruiser is what I use on the multi & a longer slimmer on my beemer.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the best place for air-hawk (2) & spare covers etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. have been using a tourtec one for a couple of months and seems good. When I got the pressure right ( very low) it's very comfortable.
    thttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comfort-Seat-Cushion-Ducati-Multistrada-1200-Tourtecs-Air-ML-Pad/401440732852?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649pressure right (low as possible) is very comfortable.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comfort-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Buddy of mine and SWMBO are both coccyx sufferers. Tony is getting some flatter bars to tip him forward off the tailbone and that seemed to help a bit. SWMBO now has an airhawk on her YBR (they're hugely sensitive to air pressure) and a shaped seat on the back of the GS with a coccyx recess.

Horrible condition, feel for you dude :-(

7. It's all about the pressure!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a Tourtec (£65 so worth a punt), will post my thought's when it's fitted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Any chance you could post a couple of pics of the Tourtech seat fitted to the bike? Also, does it cure the dreaded "crushed nuts" syndrome?

• Like Like x 1
  10. We must have the same shaped arse as we’re off this weekend to Spain & I’m using a Airhawk for the first long trip on my multi & it kills my backside. I had the air hawk from a previous bike & it worked great. With the multi I tried fitting them the other day & the rear seat needs a smaller one than the front but the worked for me before so fingers crossed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. We must have the same shaped arse as we’re off this weekend to Spain & I’m using a Airhawk for the first long trip on my multi & it kills my backside. I had the air hawk from a previous bike & it worked great. With the multi I tried fitting them the other day & the rear seat needs a smaller one than the front but the worked for me before so fingers crossed.

12. I've got the airhawk and I can ride farther with it, but still not very far. It doesn't alleviate the forward slant of the seat, which is my main gripe; I've tried pulling it far forward which helps with the slant a little, but then you have a big plastic air bubble under your sack, which isn't very comfortable either. I wish Ducati engineers were forced to ride 1000 miles in 24 hours on each of their bikes before final design.

• Like Like x 2
  13. £15 ‘stadium’ seat from some medical website. I’ve just attached some straps that buckle up under the seat. Tried it for a few hundred miles and it was a lot more comfortable. Just purchased it for the rare occasions my wife goes on the back as she gets a sore bum. E0DBF0CB-9966-4A63-A488-2B1E3D4A82B2.jpeg

14. I swapped to the Ducati/Touratech comfort seat (rather than air hawk or similar) and find it much better than the standard seat

#15 Twin4me, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. On the plus side with these seats, you can always take them off at the other end and sit on them in the pool with your margarita :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I just tried my medium cruiser on my 1200s with the Low Seat over the last few days. Its now comfy enough to reach between fuel fills, id 7 hours in the saddle yesterday with only 15 mins at stops and 1 break for food and got off the bike tired but not even slightly uncomfortable.
    fullsizeoutput_b80.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Okay, just got back from a week or so in Spain that included Bilbao to Alicante in a day (mainly avoiding motorways) and can honestly say the Tourtech seat is probably the best 65 quid I've spent on a bike accessary. Not the prettiest thing you can put on your bike but I can confirm it'll make a hell of a difference if you plan long days in the saddle!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Airhawk cruiser size is perfect, doubled time in the saddle. Air quantity is important, does not need much !!

19. Which Tourtech did you get
    I look at their website and there are lots to choose from.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information