1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Source Heat Pumps

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by hyperdildo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Hi Sam, that's clearly a mistake.....
    You'd need a 3478 Amps.... perhaps some of these,
    [​IMG]
    plus a big inverter
    [​IMG]
    or perhaps a small power station.
    [​IMG]
    Screwfix for Oil radiators.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I'm just going to renew my gas and electric for up to two years.... I'm just amazed at the complexity of the comparison sites and what I'm being offered.

Illustrative electricity cost on this tariff
    Based on the usage figures you gave us, this is the estimated cost you'll pay for the next year.
    Average UK usage Assumed annual consumption 3100 kWh £not available.
    Based on your usage 24000 kWh £3044

Scottish Powers Best offer to us coming off a fixed tariff is
    GAS
    Standing charge: 26.71 pence per day
    Unit rate: 3.822 pence per KWh
    Electric
    Standing charge: 22.05 pence per day
    Unit rate: 21.683 pence per KWh

I've found offers from Eon of
    Unit rate
    This is the price you pay for each unit of energy (including VAT).

GAS
    Standing charge: 42 pence per day
    Unit rate:2.42 pence per KWh
    Electric
    Standing charge: 42 pence per day
    Unit rate: 11.865 pence per KWh

• Like Like x 1
  3. With the comparison sites, if you use them to get the best deal, then go back and enter the deal that has been offered, why doesn’t it then say you are already on the best deal.

I get that they only get commission if you change supplier - but then surely it’s not really offering the best deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I get offers which are worse deals?? But they would get commission so all good :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I don’t get it?
    Is that a poor deal?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Well my stove is only 16kw and it overheats a 1000 square foot room ? 800kw must be the bomb:upyeah:o_O

7. 1000 square foot room ?
    [​IMG]

8. See post 101 for the answer!

9. As that’s over 3,000 amps on a 240 volt supply it wouldn’t run long before the consumer unit trips out!

Unless you’ve the small power station which @AirCon suggests?

10. instantaneous, see post 101.

It reminds me of when my neighbour tried to measure the resistance of the live mains...
    He said "I think I got the wrong meter, as it blew up"..... "step away from wires" was my response.

11. Yes I even gave it to you in the queens imperial size !! kitchen, sitting room and dining room all open plan , I've a 600 sq football hall too :D

IMG-20180823-WA0007.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. 749 or 999?
    You did say room and not home ;)
    And 16kW could keep a 10,000" sq home warm if it was insulated well enough!

13. If insulated well enough you don’t need a heater, you can use body warmth!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Its a 999s thats ultra mint ! Yes we open the double doors to the hallway and it heats most of the house and because I own a joinery shop the fuel is free as I create loads of nice kiln dried waste wood !

• Like Like x 2
  15. Still lost.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The poster/advert should read 800W and not 800kW.... it's three orders of magnitude out!

#116 AirCon, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Nice bike . I've a 749R and want a 999R to keep it company.... should put a thread up really... I need to talk to Elsie, see if she's selling any.
    I purchased a wood burner off a builder, still not installed it!

• Like Like x 2
  18. We live in an average three bedroom bungalow, i built a garden room off my kitchen, and have a large detatched garage. My property was built in 1999 of brick construction and to be honest the insulation was shite, iv taken advantage of free cavity wall insulation and have insulated my roof space using glass fiber to about 400mm depth. My garage is cavity wall insulated complete with an insulated electric door.iv a multifuel stove 8kw in my sun room/ kitchen and a 12 kw multi fuel stove in my large living room, iv a grant vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler in garage heating my garage and house, the garage is on its own zone and set at about 10/12 degrees, the house has three zones (all thermostatic controlled) inc hot water which is a mains pressure 210 ltr cylinder. My home is toasty warm ( at least 22degrees) when we are home and the hot water cylinder gives massive pressure showers usually about 2.5 bar. I use two oil fills every 14 months so about 2000 ltrs and a load of wood blocks £80, electric works out about £400 per year, all lighting is led ,dont use immersion and iv a rayburn oil fired cooker. Plus as an oftec plumber i can service my boiler for the price of a nozzel £5 20p .
    Im fairly ok with that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Im contemplating building a drying cupboard i garage , basically a small heavily insulated room with a large radiator and a humidity controlled fan that you hang damp clothes in and hit the timer and let everything dry....hope this gets rid of the dreaded tumble dryer.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I woudnt trust on off e bay.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information