1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Airbox 2017 On 2015/16 Bikes!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Matt23, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Does a full system remove the lambda sensor? I would have thought it would run as rough as hell without one. Without a lambda sensor it wouldn't be able to adjust fuel air mixture accurately. I thought the sensor was in the exhaust headers.

2. Don't know about dvt but other Ducati's yes. They get plugged.

3. The Akro full system keeps them.

4. The hole gets plugged, but what happens to the sensor?

5. On my 848 it was unplugged and removed.

6. Has anyone spoke to their dealer about this mod? if so cost to upgrade, and their thoughts?

7. The upmap tends to take care of it. If you have a custom map, they tend to disconnect them and turn them off as you wouldn't want your bike meddling with your expensive dyno map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Yes as I was having tank replaced last week but no one via Snells has had it done. Maybe the way to devise if to have done is test ride a my17 that has it as standard:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. @bradders did they connect to ECU ? and any map updates?

10. Forgot to ask, I know they will update every time so suspect so, but mine was done end of last year when serviced anyway.

11. Finally i performed the airbox Update by my self (DVT-s 6/2015).
    It need ~3h to remove tank a.s.o.

Yesterday i visit the dealer and i got the 2017 ECU software (there was one also 2016).
    Holly sh*t. Completely different bike.Incredible, really

I advise every owner of a DVT<2017, visit your dealer and get the ECU update.
    The hardware airbox update has not that impact like the ECU software.

Regards from Austria,
    Heimo

• Like Like x 2
  12. Now that I have my new 2017 MTS DVT run in, perhaps you would like to ride it for a bit and see how it compares, @bradders . I will even set the seat onto its lower position for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Fancy a run up to Hinkley or across Cotswolds Sat?

14. Just had my run in service on my 2016 DVT Pikes Peak. The airbox is the same as the one on the 2017 Enduro and there is NO ECU update.

15. Could do, if the weather is dry. M4 to Swindon, A419 to Cirencester etc. What do you suggest?

16. Or could meet somewhere like Bedford or Aylesbury?

17. OK - how about Aylesbury Ducati at 12 noon on Saturday 6 May? Straight comparison of 2016 v. 2017 Multis?

P.S Anyone else want to turn up as well?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ok.

19. hmm tempting any good roads around?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. One or two ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information