1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Airbox 2017 On 2015/16 Bikes!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Matt23, Feb 2, 2017.

1. I have made the air box modification by my self .. no need to spend the $$ for the parts and the workshop. Its the same thing as the new air box cover .. you just need more air to go inside.
    I did this cause i have the full termi exhaust and race Air Filter K&N.
    And i make a video "how to" if someone wants to go for it.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Thats a great vid thanks, where did you get your fork covers/decals from?

3. As far as I could see, the new airbox also holds down the air filter better, so it is not only too get more air inside. I had lots of dirt passing the airfilter before I had the new airbox fitted. So I recommend spending the money and get a new from Ducati, especially if the bike is used on gravel roads.

4. After some 7000 Kms on a 2016 and now a couple of thousands on a 2017, I have to totally agree with the quote above.

2017 picks up much nicer and with some more torque on higher gears at low RPM, where 2016 in the same situation would have little progression and lot of vibration from the engine transmited to bars and screen.

Not sure if it is just due to airbox, but I beleive it is the only diference between MYs that can explain this behavior

5. I have open twice my air filter, first in 10.000 klm that i change it with a K&N filter and now at 20.000 klm .. never saw nothing pass the airfilter specially with the K&N .. i dont use it for non asphalt roads.

The are custom made... nothing special .. carbon vinyl! Just take the measures order from local store that do vinyl covers.

6. I thought they might be but thought I'd check, I'm about to wrap mine

7. cool bar ends, do you have more info and pictures about those? :)

thx

8. Those are from a Yamaha R1 2008 model .. oem parts. It was my brother ..
    I remove them because it was to much weight and make my front trumble at 160klm and above.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information